1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon A11SR setup problems

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gary pennington, Jul 21, 2003.

Tags:
  1. gary pennington

gary pennington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    james Bond is on again! and I can't set up my system! which is more frustrating?

I have just upgraded my denon 3801 for the A11SR which sound great but like a lot of you "is it running to the max?" I have tried everything but can't get the on screen menus on! for set up It worked fine with my 3801!

I have tried set up with my TV (sony) using all connections (s-vid,comp, scart ETC) plus my Sony hs10 projector and the unique DVI cable which has all connections! and more!

on the A11SR it states monitor out 1, plus pure dig off and video on! but still no menu! I've even rang denon but no joy! I can watch film through the dvd in the Amp then out to either TV or projector!

I have a sound meter but wondered if the factory settings, and in THX mode would be ok for my system?

KEF;

TDM45B sub, 4x TDM 34DS rears, TDM 23f fronts and the TDM 23c center! (all THX)
    pioneer 737 via coaxial
    sony VPL hs10 projector
    room = 14 feet from front to rears set as THX ultra2 (well with out the extra amp, which is next on my list)

like I have said it does sound Great But?????

please be gentle as this is my first post!

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Hi

Just try one cable to start with. Use an S-Video cable from Monitor 1 Out to your TV (make sure the TV is set to accept S-Video). Make sure Video is ON at the amp. Set the remote control to AMP (in the little LCD display). Then press the SETUP button. You should get the main Setup Menu appear on your TV.

3. gary pennington

gary pennington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank's Jase, but I've tried that and still no go!do you know if any settings can be accessed via the main Amp? pref sound settings to get the 75dB?

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    It should work. Have you tried a resetting the amp just in case it's done a wobbler? Hold down the STEREO & DIRECT buttons on the front panel whilst turning the power ON, hold a few seconds and the display will flash. This will reset EVERYTHING to the defaults.

You can adjust the Channel Levels for each mode from the front panel. Press the Channel Volume button and then adjust using the Select Knob next to it. You should also be able to do it from the Remote but my Denon has a different remote to yours and I can't remember which button you need to press! :)

You really need to find out why the OSD isn't working though, it would make life a lot easier for you.

5. gary pennington

gary pennington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank's Jase, but I've tried that and still no go!do you know if any settings can be accessed via the main Amp? pref sound settings to get the 75dB?

6. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Is there an echo in here? :D

7. gary pennington

gary pennington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers, I will try the re-set and adjust! if that does not work! it's back to the shop!

8. gary pennington

gary pennington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes I think there is! or is it me not having a clue about forums?

i

9. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Could be the Forum Software, sometimes it goes mad.:rotfl:

10. jimcarney

jimcarney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Gary, Im not using an S-video cable and im getting set up screen from monitor 1 output cant see why you are having problems,
    Must be your cable. Jim

11. gary pennington

gary pennington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jim, If you are not using the s-vid what are you using? I have tried 3 sets of s-vid but still no Joy! there must be a fault with the AMP?
    have you changed the settings? if so was there much dif?

12. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    You need to be able to access the OSD for setup because from there you set the speaker sizes, distances/delay times, channel levels, assign digital inputs etc etc. The delay times and channel levels will make a lot of difference to the sound when set correctly.

13. Dom Rice

Dom Rice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this amp and I will check tonight the settings I have. I have both a TV and Projector connected to it and get the OSD only on one at a time.

(This is the bit I will check for you toinight)

I think I have to use the REC/Multi button on the amp and then use the round knob near it to set Source as Multi. This then outputs the OSD to the projector. Setting it one other option outputs the OSD to the TV).

Due to the complicated setup of my system it took me ages to figure it out. Its worth it though as this amp is alittle beauty once set up correctly.

;)

14. jimcarney

jimcarney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Gary,Im using the connection below the S-V outlet with a simple video phono cable to the video imput on my Tosh P.F.2 works just fine I only need it if Ichange any components or reset speaker settings when experimenting ,so try an ordinary video phono in monitor 1 all the best . Jim

15. gary pennington

gary pennington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers guys, but nothing is getting the thing to work! so it's back to Denon/shop for an exchange!
    all in all this is my 3rd Denon, 2801,3801,a11sr, and all are dam fine units! (well thats when they work!) so its not put me Off!
    it's just the thought of unplugging everything!

16. gary pennington

gary pennington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers guys, but nothing is getting the thing to work! so it's back to Denon/shop for an exchange!
    all in all this is my 3rd Denon, 2801,3801,a11sr, and all are dam fine units! (well thats when they work!) so its not put me Off!
    it's just the thought of unplugging everything!