1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon A11SR OSD problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by delta, Feb 1, 2003.

Tags:
  1. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have, on loan, the Denon A11SR. I have connected my S-VHS VCR to the amp using a 4 pin S lead and from the amp to my plasma also using a 4 pin S lead. When I select either the amp's set up menu or OSD from the remote no signal is displayed on the plasma even though the S signal is being received from the VCR. Obviously with this amp it is essential to have OSD and as I am considering purchasing the amp, is it likely to be faulty or am I doing something wrong? The manual is the most difficult I have ever read! Help, please!

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Have you got the cable plugged into the S-Video Monitor Out socket (number 1)?

Make sure that the remote is set to AMP when you press the setup button. Also make sure that VIDEO circuit is on (if this model has the Video ON/OFF button on the front panel).

Also doublecheck that the Video Source is selected correctly (VCR) or just set it to SOURCE.

3. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Jase. Yes, yes and yes! I have just double checked all of these and it makes no difference. Presumably my VCR has to be switched on - or does it not matter? Beyond this, I am stumped and can only conclude that the amp is faulty. Inputing to a plasma should not make any difference should it?

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +937
    The OSD should work without the need to have a Video source running through it.

There is an option to have the OSD switched OFF, I wonder if that´s been selected.:confused: Always had mine on, so I don´t know how to re-enable it if that´s the case. Using the front panel buttons I would assume.

Have you tried a composite lead from the Composite Monitor Out to the plasma as the OSD is also output from that as well? Might be worth doing to check if its working ok.

Do you have a way of checking it on another TV, in case it is the Plasma?

5. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again, Jase. Yes, I did as you suggested with composite and by connecting to another tv but it seems the Denon has a fault. Still, I like very much how it sounds, it is more satisfying than my current Yamaha A1X, so I am sure I will be going for the Denon, (one that works, of course)!