1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon A11SR HELP!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by akash, Feb 19, 2002.

Tags:
  1. akash

akash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi does anyone know how to utilise the seventh amplifier which is normally used for surround back (there are 2 surround back amplifiers. ie 2 rear centre channels; i only use 1)

I want to use the seventh unused amplifier's L & R output to drive my front amplifier's HF frequency ouput and the main L & R channel outputs for the LW frequency.

apparently the denon av4802, which is the american version of the a11sr has an option menu to use this.

thanks for help

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    What you´re refering to is the Power Amp Assignment which lets you have 5.1 in one room and power another set of speakers (connected to the relevant multiroom terminals on the back of the amp) in another room.

Its not possible to do what you want, you would need a seperate power amp and would have it connected to the main speaker pre-outs.

I see what you´re thinking but its not possible.

cheers

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I think it's not possible anyhow since you have only one spare amplifier, but to bi-amp (that's what it's called) you would need 2+2 amplifiers, not only 2+1.

BTW: If one surround back output has two terminals (L&R) each I would actually be very surprised.

Jase, couldn't you (if you have both amplifiers unused) assign them as described and select the same source for the multizone output, thus "tricking" the amp into a bi-amping mode for the fronts? Of course the fronts need to be wired accordingly ...

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    Reiner

The power amp assignment on the Denon assigns the amps of the Surround Back speaker terminals to power EX/ES or multiroom(You use the same terminals).

Not sure about "tricking" the amp as you suggest though. Worth trying, cant do it on my A1SE as Ive got no power amp assignment!:(

Might give it a go on my Dad´s 3801 (not sure he´ll want me playing about though so dont hold your breath!!)

5. jignacio

jignacio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In orther to bi-amp the front speakers using the A11SR:

1) I need an stereo power amp or an integrated amp?

2) how to connect the seperate amp and how to config the A11SR

Thanks for help.