Denon A110 Anniversary or AVC X 8500HA

I wonder what prices these receivers would be before Covid screwed it all up ?

If it hadn't all been screwed up, we probably would've followed the x600 models in 2019 with the x700 models in 2020, x800 in 2021 and then already heard an announcement for the soon to be launched AVR-X8900 (Class D behemoth with 4 individually EQed sub outs, new OLED front display and 15 channel processing) in 2022 - so the X8500 and A110 would be dirt cheap :)

If it hadn't all been screwed up, we probably would've followed the x600 models in 2019 with the x700 models in 2020, x800 in 2021 and then already heard an announcement for the soon to be launched AVR-X8900 (Class D behemoth with 4 individually EQed sub outs, new OLED front display and 15 channel processing) in 2022 - so the X8500 and A110 would be dirt cheap :)
How on Earth have you found that bit of gossip out ? I’ve been searching the internet for a hint of news about a new receiver coming out !

Yes I agree totally with you I was after the Yamaha A8A, the guy offered me one at £2600 but it never came into stock I waited preordered from November 2021 and waited and waited and waited. So I got fed up and asked for a full refund which I got 7 working days later credited back to my debit account. Then I saw this Denon A110 and everyone I spoke to agreed the Denon to be better at Home Cinema and it is true, but the price was out of reach for me well more than I wanted to spend so I got a price of £4499 which was way more than I wanted to spend. Then I came across this shop with the Denon A110 he had it for sale so I phone him and stated would he accept £3600 he laughed at me and asked me was I feeling ok which had me wondering was he being polite or trying to be smart. I left my number never thinking I would hear from him ever again as these shops never phone back. I was watching a you tube video and this channel called Man loves Tech stated what I always believed wait a year or two for the price to drop but as you say with the pandemic, and a shortage of micro processors then there became a shortage and that is why the price still holds strong even today that is all the symptoms of the global pandemic and micro processor shortages.

This scenario will become better with time but the older stock is still maintaining a good value even though those models should be discounted by now and they are @ £1000 off RRP. I read somewhere that Denon do have new models coming, the reason for the A110 dropping price more than the AH 8500 no one were buying them simple as that so the shops sitting with 10+ in stock must try and shift inventory but they got the price drop blessing from Denon to do that, so new models are on the way as that is a pre cursor to forthcoming Denon AV. receivers.

I only have a 4K projector I dont see me owning an 8K projector any time soon so this A110 or the Denon HA 8500 would have sufficed and I would be quite happy to own either I went for the A110 as it is better components build quality for longevity I hope to own this AV receiver for years I wont be upgrading for a very very long time.

Thing is as soon as you buy anything electronic it is old by the time you unbox it, I would say if you really want that AV receiver buy it now dont wait as if you are waiting on the price to drop I can’t see them dropping much further than what they are sitting at now for brand new maybe another £400 if you are lucky, these AV receivers will just disappear off the shelves then the new models will replace them at extortionate prices, will they really sound any better I very much doubt it Not that the human ear would detect it as it is all bull shit.

So ditch the idea of waiting and go treat yourself as you are a long time dead.

Read your reply who has the room for 15 channel processing, and I doubt the A110 OR 8500 will be dirt cheap, they drop to a point then they dont drop any more, except on the second hand market. Ok these new av receivers will be shiny new but the price will be much more than what I paid for the A110 but it wont sound any better, new does not equal better.

Read your reply who has the room for 15 channel processing, and I doubt the A110 OR 8500 will be dirt cheap, they drop to a point then they dont drop any more, except on the second hand market. Ok these new av receivers will be shiny new but the price will be much more than what I paid for the A110 but it wont sound any better, new does not equal better.

My post was a joke responding to "what it would be without COVID"... I know nothing at all about a potential new Denon model or models sorry!

I was just randomly predicting some of the things it's might do.

I totally agree with your point. In fact, it was me that posted this question the other day:

Well no harm in replying your thoughts, as we are all entitled to our own opinions I was just replying to what you wrote no harm done and it is good that people do voice their opinions, edbrandrick was asking a question I just gave my frank and honest opinion to him then you replied to which I thought fair point but new does not necessarily mean better I have had that proved to me time after time, now I have learnt my lesson not trading up for a very long time. Thank you AEIOU for your reply and please do reply back with information on the new Denon amps I kind of assumed myself they would be dropping this year. Will be nice to read about them but I would not be upgrading I dont see the sense to it as it is not necessary not unless you are in the market for something new and dont have a current AV receiver but that A110 will be in my humble opinion every bit as good as these new receivers I have no doubt about that at all.

My post was a joke responding to "what it would be without COVID"... I know nothing at all about a potential new Denon model or models sorry!

I was just randomly predicting some of the things it's might do.

I totally agree with your point. In fact, it was me that posted this question the other day:

I realised you were joking when you sent the laughing emoji . It wouldn’t surprise me if the next model wasn’t as you predicted lol

I do like the Frank and honest and very detailed answers JL12W7 !
I need to sort a few alterations in my room and I will get my new receiver as soon as I am ready at whatever is the lowest price at that time .
Yes the 110 may live a lot longer due to the higher quality so that is a positive. I’ve noticed that retailers have various length warranties . I presume the added years above what Denon give are retailers own warranty? I’ve never been able to get extended warranty on my past 2 onkyo receivers . I presume you can’t extend a warranty with Denon directly? Just choose the longest warranty a retailer includes ?

I do like the Frank and honest and very detailed answers JL12W7 !
I need to sort a few alterations in my room and I will get my new receiver as soon as I am ready at whatever is the lowest price at that time .
Yes the 110 may live a lot longer due to the higher quality so that is a positive. I’ve noticed that retailers have various length warranties . I presume the added years above what Denon give are retailers own warranty? I’ve never been able to get extended warranty on my past 2 onkyo receivers . I presume you can’t extend a warranty with Denon directly? Just choose the longest warranty a retailer includes ?

AV.com appear to add an optional 10 year warranty for not much cash to all AVRs they sell - don't know how good it is, the terms and conditions are on the website.

Will be nice to read about them but I would not be upgrading I dont see the sense to it as it is not necessary

I think you can see in my signature that I'm not the sort to upgrade to every model change... my AVR-X3100 cost £59+p&p used on ebay :)

AV.com appear to add an optional 10 year warranty for not much cash to all AVRs they sell - don't know how good it is, the terms and conditions are on the website.

I think you can see in my signature that I'm not the sort to upgrade to every model change... my AVR-X3100 cost £59+p&p used on ebay :)
AV.com advertise prices above a lot of other retailers for both top models but yes it’s a good price for extended warranty if they can give better prices

I wasn’t going to write the next paragraph but this is just how I feel today so sorry it sounds depressing 🙈
I am worried to death that we are heading into WW3 and I’m thinking what’s the point spending £3000 when energy prices and cost of living is going up . Perhaps that money is needed on other things and I start talking myself out of upgrading. Those poor Ukrainian people and here’s me worrying about which Avr to pick !!
Sure I’m Mr Anxious and overthink everything. Off topic perhaps but still relevant to myself in picking an Avr !
Sorry moderators if you feel you want to edit this out !

I purchased my first receiver to Start my home cinema in 2005 and didn’t upgrade till 3D became available on Jvc projectors .
Now I have a projector that can do 4K , plus I want to try out Atmos/Auro3d etc with extra speakers 😀 so it’s definitely time to upgrade. This next avr will last me 10 years I hope ( if I don’t pop off first lol )
I started off 7.1 and now have 11.1 so i now want to go 13.2 ( whatever configuration sounds best )
I am far from an Audiophile and my brain doesn’t understand how to do alot of tweaking with external equipment but I believe I know what sounds good to my ears ( loud and bass to shake the house 🤣)
I’ve got 2 monoprice 10” subwoofers to set up so I’m hoping they sound good .

This is where Avforums is so valuable to me . Some smashing guys on here ready to help and give advice . You know who you are 😜

Ending on a positive I will not talk myself out of getting what I want .
I am 50 this year and I deserve something I’ve set my heart on .
I keep telling my wife “it’s not just for me ! It’s for her and my boys too as we all watch movies and will all use it “ ( just to take the emphasis off that it will Just be my new toy lol )

That was funny reading your worried about WW3 happening, I would not worry much about WW3 happening until it happens then that is the time to worry until then enjoy life as you say we all might not have all that much time left on planet earth.

I grew up in Belfast where we were bombed every day shot at and saw people dismembered by bombs exploding all around us, those of us in Belfast who lived through the so called troubles lived through that experience, we had two houses targeted because we lived beside people who worked in the security forces the roof was blown off the house, second time a retired RUC man was targeted my grandmothers house was beside his, a bomb was planted and it blew half the house apart miraculously no one got killed but the house was gutted. So it is surprising I we survived to tell the tale. Even if a door slams shut really hard it brings me straight back to the Abercorn bar explosion we entered it was packed out, a woman who plated the bomb hurried past us knocking me and my mother to the ground we quickly got and ran just got round the corner and the bomb went off with body parts glass falling all around me strangely enough I remember the chimes of the glass hitting the ground which when I think back is really strange. I was 12 and I can remember that to this day. So please dont hold off because you are afraid of WW3 happening worry when you get the word that the world has gone to war with Russia. So I react different to what most people would react as I literally grew up in a war zone most of my young life.

That was funny reading your worried about WW3 happening, I would not worry much about WW3 happening until it happens then that is the time to worry until then enjoy life as you say we all might not have all that much time left on planet earth.

I grew up in Belfast where we were bombed every day shot at and saw people dismembered by bombs exploding all around us, those of us in Belfast who lived through the so called troubles lived through that experience, we had two houses targeted because we lived beside people who worked in the security forces the roof was blown off the house, second time a retired RUC man was targeted my grandmothers house was beside his, a bomb was planted and it blew half the house apart miraculously no one got killed but the house was gutted. So it is surprising I we survived to tell the tale. Even if a door slams shut really hard it brings me straight back to the Abercorn bar explosion we entered it was packed out, a woman who plated the bomb hurried past us knocking me and my mother to the ground we quickly got and ran just got round the corner and the bomb went off with body parts glass falling all around me strangely enough I remember the chimes of the glass hitting the ground which when I think back is really strange. I was 12 and I can remember that to this day. So please dont hold off because you are afraid of WW3 happening worry when you get the word that the world has gone to war with Russia. So I react different to what most people would react as I literally grew up in a war zone most of my young life.
Omg that certainly wasn’t the answer I was expecting! Here’s me anxious about something that may not happen and I’ve never seen any real life horrors.
What an awful experience for you especially being so young !
The Irish are such friendly People and it’s always been hard for me to understand all the things that happened and obviously I only saw bits on tv .
I don’t know how you deal with the things you saw but I guess you have to carry on with life and make the most of it . I am glad you have come through these dark times and there was light at the end of the tunnel.
You of course right to say to enjoy today but as a born anxious person I do overthink lol

For us AVR-A110 owners, are we getting a new settings menu like the new Denon AVRs are?

For us AVR-A110 owners, are we getting a new settings menu like the new Denon AVRs are?
I would have thought almost certainly no. It's not the sort of thing that can be easily changed with a firmware download. Denon have not updated any pre 2023 models apart from the X6700H to the best of my knowledge, and that was only for Dirac I believe.

I would have thought almost certainly no. It's not the sort of thing that can be easily changed with a firmware download. Denon have not updated any pre 2023 models apart from the X6700H to the best of my knowledge, and that was only for Dirac I believe.
@NoMoreOilyRags That is incorrect the Dirac Live capability is only available on the newer 2022/23 D+M A1H, X4800H, X3800H, AV10, Cinema 40, Cinema 50 models, it's a DSP limitation, they utilise the newer Analog Devices ADSP-21593 "Griffin Lite XP" DSP BUT like the latest 2022/23 D+M models the earlier D+M 2018 flagships X8500H(HA)/AV8805(A) as well as the A110, X6700H, SR8015 models did also receive the newly supported Auro 3D TF-TM-TR Atmos "Tops" speaker configuration flexibility as well as Surround Heights now being possible with Atmos speaker layouts :)

Last edited:
@NoMoreOilyRags That is incorrect the Dirac Live capability is only available on the newer 2022/23 D+M A1H, X4800H, X3800H, AV10, Cinema 40, Cinema 50 models, it's a DSP limitation, they utilise the newer Analog Devices ADSP-21593 "Griffin Lite XP" DSP BUT like the latest 2022/23 D+M models the earlier D+M 2018 flagships X8500H(HA)/AV8805(A) as well as the A110, X6700H, SR8015 models did also receive the newly supported Auro 3D TF-TM-TR Atmos "Tops" speaker configuration flexibility as well as Surround Heights now being possible with Atmos speaker layouts :)
That's basically what I said - it's only the latest 23 models plus the X6700H which have been updated - but the X6700H hasn't had a menu update, which was what the question was about, not about height channels.

That's basically what I said - it's only the latest 23 models plus the X6700H which have been updated - but the X6700H hasn't had a menu update, which was what the question was about, not about height channels.
Not quite, I don't know why you insist the March 15th (U30) firmware update was ONLY for the 2022/23 D+M models plus the 2020 Denon X6700H, why soley mention the X6700H, the thread discussion pertains to the Denon A110 & X8500HA models, anyway it was pretty great that Masimo Consumer saw fit to update the older 2018 D+M flagships like the X8500H, AV8805 & select 2020 models as initially they were not going to regarding the additional speaker configuration flexibility.

Not quite, I don't know why you insist the March 15th (U30) firmware update was ONLY for the 2022/23 D+M models plus the 2020 Denon X6700H,
Because it was . There were firmware updates for older models such as my X3700H in March, but it was just a stability update.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom