1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon A11 versus DVD32R

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by lenny, Sep 29, 2004.

1. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Good morning,

I'm in the classical dilemma before each big purchasing decision.
    In order to fully benefit of the potentials of my projector Mitsubishi HC2000, I think it is worth to upgrade my DVD reader.

Until now I've been using a Pioneer 747A which hasn't the Progressive PAL nor the capability to produce 720p. The video signal is trasferred to the PSM192 via the YUV connection, and then transferred to the Mitsubishi either via RVBHV on BCN connectors or via a DVI connection.
    The PSM outputs the signals at progressive PAL with a standard resolution (I think it is 720x576). I would like to have the possibility to enter the projector with a higher resolution signal in order to use the whole matrix and increase the level of details of the movies.

I've two ways to go :

1) buy a new Denon A11 at 1600€ (1070£). Connect the Denon directly to the Projector via DVI and using the 720p standard. I will connect the A11 to the PSM also using a BNC to BNC cable in YUV.

2) buy a used DVD32R (I've found two one at 2000€, 1330£ and the other at 2500€, 1667£), benefit of the great improvement on the CD reading but engaging myself in purchasing the VSM 2048... which is not for free.... in order to get what ever the resolution I want on the Videoprojector and in particular the 720p.

To be or not to be? that's the question :confused: . What do you think? Any suggestion? Is it possible, using the DVD32R to get higher resolutions than the 720x576 without investing an additional 5k£? I would really like to grab the DVD32R but I'm very reluctant to go for the VSM any soon. Waiting for your input.

Regards Lenny.

2. cameronl

cameronl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    imho I'd get the denon.

CaM

3. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    See my reply in the DVD players section :thumbsup:

4. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Got it Thunder,

that's another option: buy the DVD32R, forgot the PSM and the RGBS switcher and feed the video outputs directly to an external scaler...

Regards