Denon A11 firmware

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by wwyjoe, Aug 29, 2004.

1. wwyjoe

wwyjoe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Appreciate some help here!

I've just installed the firmware update for my Denon A11 (Asia version of 5900) from http://www.audioholics.com/firmware/index.php. Previously, my player can play multi-region dvds, but after the update, it can only play Code 3 dvds. This is odd, coz i expected the player to play only Region 1 dvds after the update (as indicated in the website).

Does anyone know where i can download the Region 1, or even better multi-region firmware? Most of my dvds are Code 1

Thanks!

2. laurie

laurie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe because that site is region 1 :oops:
    cheers laurie

3. wwyjoe

wwyjoe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    huh...dun understand? Shldn't my player be able to play code 1 dvds after the update? But that's not the case - it can now only play Code 3 :mad:

4. shortround

shortround

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    this is more a question about your question than an answer so sorry if it's not helpful!

i was under the impression that it is not wise to install a US firmware onto a Euro/Asian player as it may cause other issues. i read of someone who's RGB scart output was disabled as a result of this because the US version of that particular player only had component outputs and not RGB scart.

are you saying that installing the 5900 firmware on the A11 has caused no other problems at all, other than the multi-region issue? also, is the firmware you downloaded the ESS-6 version? (ie. has the menu speed and subtitle pop-up fixes).

cheers.

5. wwyjoe

wwyjoe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the version i downloaded is the Ess-6 version which fixes the menu speed and pop-up fixes

Everything else works fine, just that now it's no longer multi-region and can only play Code 3!

6. Jackass

Jackass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +811
    That would make sense as its an original Code 3 player, now you just need a multiregion firmware which shouldnt affect other features.

Steve.

7. wwyjoe

wwyjoe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Steve, do you know where i can download the multi region firmware? Thanks!

8. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I don't know where you will find it posted on the interent, Denon guard their firmware (particularly multi region) tightly.

You are best finding your friendly local Denon dealer (perhaps where you have purchased in the past & likely to in the future) who should carry a copy of the disc.