1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon A11 Firewire Fix

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ailean, Aug 3, 2004.

1. ailean

ailean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So how many other A11 owners have had the firewire fix done? I need to do some proper testing (my dealer recons he's tested 5.1 SACD & DVDA in the shop okay) but it seems to be alright apart from it came back as Region 2 from Denon. :rolleyes:

I'll need to check but I believe the firmware is now the -8 build and it's been surgested to my dealer (by Denon) that doing the previous -6 build MR firmware should work okay and give me MR and firewire. ;)

Has anyone done this yet?

2. jrpavel

jrpavel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had mine done but, for reasons that remain a mystery, the upgrade did not pass multi-channel music formats to my Z9 (although the demo units that Denon had converted had worked fine, at least to a Pioneer).

They've been v accomodating and I am expecting the reupgraded machine back later this week.

Mine's not multi-region, so no change there.

I have a MR Pioneer 868 (which is pretty good). I'll decide shortly which goes to eBay... Neither work satisfactorily, for different reasons, with a Panasonic series 6 DVI plasma.

3. ailean

ailean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ran a series of tests with DD, DTS, DVDA 5.1 and SACD 2.0 & 5.1, they all seemed to work fine. There was a bit of a hickup after swapping all those discs and then messing about alot in some DVD menus, the A11 got a little confused and lost iLink. A quick power off and on brought it back to life thou.

I checked the firmware versions and it was -8 and after it was flashed back to -6 MR I did the tests again and they all worked fine, this is also into a Z9 so hopefully yours should be fine when it returns.

Only setting I can think of is the iLink mode which I checked after the -6 and it was set to the first option by default and worked (can't remember what the manual says about that, I think one is a Denon sync mode and the other is 'standard' ;) ).

4. AlbertoPN

AlbertoPN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ailean,

just a little question. After you've back to -6 version, the MR option is still available and perfectly working I guess ... am I right ???

This should be very important for me to understand, before I'll let my A11 firewire works properly. Thanks in advance for the answer.

Cheers

Alberto :cool:

5. ailean

ailean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes MR is working fine, it's been a couple of months now and I've not had any issues at all with the A11. I only use FireWire now and DVI (except occational watching of stuff on the TV, making of stuff etc). Solved my sparkly issues with DVI at less then 720p with a new DVI-HDMI 10m cable to my Sony HS20.

So yes all happy now... must be time for an upgrade then! :suicide:

6. AlbertoPN

AlbertoPN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you so much indeed Ailean.

These was the words that I wanted to read ! :)

Cheers.

Alberto :cool:

7. ninja.rogue

ninja.rogue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Double cheers!!!!

Thank you