Denon A11 and AE500

rdt123

Hi all

Just to say that there has been talk of the DVI output not working with this projector. I have had immediate success with this combination at all resolutions. The results at 720p especially are spectacular.

I have to say though that it has had no effect at all on the vertical banding, neither has the tweak involving the flicker control.

I had heard that the VB issue was worse on some units than others so here's some major praise for KRISH AV. I ordered Tuesday afternoon, projector and screen arrived Wed AM. Phoned Krish regarding VB today. Very friendly and agreed to send one out today for delivery tomorrow and arranged for collection of other unit. All free, fantastic service!

Andy.T

Novice Member
Let us know how VB is on the new one is in comparison when ya try it. Did ya happen to notice the build date on either of them, (see base of 500)?

I'm wondering if the variance in severity of VB is related to when the units were manufactured? Mine was Dec 2003 and had fairly bad VB but I'm getting it replaced due to a lit green pixel (big thanks to Ben at Discount Electrical!) and it will be interesting to see if the VB/build date is any different.

rdt123

Well the new unit came as promised. I tink 720p looks better than 1080i, dont know why? As for the VB......

Still there BUT no where near as bad!!!! Really completely different and i have managed to tweak it out to a pont where i really dont notice it

dapex

Novice Member
Does the ae500 have an issue with VB, or is it just LCD PJ in general????

Cheers

Andy.T

Novice Member
rdt123 - Whats the build date on the replacement? (See the underside of the unit.)

rdt123

dapex,

I think its all those with epson components. So Panny, Epson and others. Some are saying the HS20 doesn't but it is a big jump in quality

Andy,

Date is December 2003

Andy.T

Novice Member
rdt123 - Thanks for that, I guess it looks like there may be no correllation, i.e. there are good ones and bad ones in each batch.

Top Bottom