Denon - A!XV

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Kenmilton, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Kenmilton

Kenmilton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone heard of the Denon A1XV locking up? My first machine failed to play completely any one of seven DVDs I tried. Fortunately, Sevenoaks Hi-Fi were extremely helpful and changed the machine. The replacement is performing perfectly. They had heard of a similar problem affecting another player purchased by a customer, so is this a glitch restricted to a small batch of units? Not too promising at £2,500 a pop! :eek:

2. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +754
    Oh dear, that's not good. It smells of a repeat of the Denon DVD-A1 problems we had to endure in the early days.... and again at the £2500 price point.

How much do Denon need to charge before they get their players right first time.
    They seem to want us to do their testing for them.....constantly releasing DVD players that immediately need firmware fixes or drive replacement.

Despite the fact that my Denon DVD-A1 is now working ok, and has done for a couple of years, my early experiences and those of many others on here have put me off buying a Denon DVD player ever again.

It must have been very frustrating.
    This kind of publicity with their flagship machines is very bad for their reputation.

3. monotone

monotone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The A1XV I bought 2 weeks back was found to have a DVI fault. I've been giventhe option to keep the currently player to watch DVD via component, till the new one arrives in late november. Apparently, they are all sold out in this part of the world. :rolleyes: