Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Denon 770SD

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by bobble, Jul 7, 2004.

1. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi anyone got one of these yet, complete system, amp, DVD player and SYS-A3L speakers.

Thinking about upgrading from Sony DAV S550.

Before anyone says about proper separates being better, system has to be wife friendly, and this is getting very good reviews for the money.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

2. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    there is a review on one of this sites sisters. think its Essential Home Cinema. i must admit IMO its the most athesitcally pleasing out of all the Top priced AIO's but apprrently it lacks the real ummmpfff in the sound department ! ive been trying to find some where close to me to demo it in 6.1 but have been unsuccesfull thus far :( keep us updated if you find out more information !

3. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will let you know if i get any more info. Like you, cant find it locally for demo, not to bothered about oomph as I dont want to upset the neighbours to much.

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    just have to keep looking as i dont fancy travelling that far ! id love to get it then buy the extra Rear Centre Speaker and experience some DTS ES & DD EX :) makes me want a 6.1 system now hehe :)

5. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so, anyone got a Deno 770SD all in one yet ???? read all the reviews I can find but cannot find it for demo locally, if anyone is tincking of buying best price i have found is Empire Direct at £749 (region 2 only i think).

6. Corpsical

Corpsical

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Hello Bobble,

I've had mine for about two months now, (when I changed my TV to a Panny 6),

I have to say it sounds to my ears fantastic, there seems to be a really 'solid' feel to the sound (if that makes sense), I had to turn the sub down though (it was giving me a belly-ache),

The only (minor) problem is I have so far been unable to get the additional rear center speaker (problems with supply from Denon), but I'm happy to wait, it sounds so good at the moment I cant really complain about the lack of one speaker :)

If I can provide anymore info let me know and I'll do what I can, but if you are looking for someone to whole-heartedly recommend it, then I'm that man, and for a room friendly look the system (especially the SUB) looks lovely,

Corpsical

7. Choppy

Choppy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, anyone know if stands can be added to the speaker package? Can anyone else fully reccommend this system and where is the cheapest place to buy it from...? Thanks in advance. Choppy

8. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    QUOTE=Choppy]Hi there, anyone know if stands can be added to the speaker package? Can anyone else fully reccommend this system and where is the cheapest place to buy it from...? Thanks in advance. Choppy[/QUOTE]

Hi Choppy, emailed Denon about this myself and got the following reply,

-------------------

Dear Sir,

The Speaker cable you get consists of 3M for the 3 front speakers and the Subwoofer and 5M for each of the two rear speakers. We do have speaker stands for the system these are called the SS30s and are sold in pairs.

Regards

Product Support

----------

Think these are Alphason Speaker Stands.

Thanks 'Corpsical' for the reply, have not decided yet whether to buy. May leave it now until the beginning of Autumn/Winter.

9. Choppy

Choppy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Bobble appreciate the feedback.

10. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    hello guys.

stands are here to view http://www.avland.co.uk/denon/ss30/ss30.htm

also we were having a discussion over wether the denon has NTSC prog scan. some sites quote that it does while others dont! on the denon spec sheet it only says progressive scan circutry. so as a user Corpsical can you confirm that it does or dosnt (please say you have a NTSC Film :) )

Ps was talking to a man in a reputable av store near by about the extra speaker for 6.1 and he said to me that denon where shipping the next lot at the end of july so they will be availiable again soon

Edit: this into google for the rear center gave me http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=SC...tnG=Google+Search&meta=cr=countryUK|countryGB
    on unbeatable they say the special order from the supplier. try getting in touch with them for more detail

11. Choppy

Choppy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Bauer, will look into it !

12. Corpsical

Corpsical

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Hello BauerCTU,

Well I think I can confirm NTSC Prog Scan playback, whilst the instruction booklet only refers to Prog Scan playback (with no reference to either NTSC or PAL), I've done a little test , I changed my DVD player to only output in NTSC (I assume this would stop any possible translation of a NTSC signal to PAL by the DVD), and then pressed the 'P.Scan' button ... and got a picture, I have many many region 1 and 3 ntsc discs and have only ever watch them now with the Prog Scan turned on, but this test was the first time I've tried to make all my equipment output and input NTSC only and it seems to have worked,

So I think that confirms NTSC Playback,

Thanks for the info on the speaker :)

Corpsical

13. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Thanks for that. now i'll just have to wait till i get more ££ for my panny 6 and i'll order a denon 770 as well :) can you keep us informed if you get a hold of the rear center speaker please :thumbsup:
    regards