1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 550SD Pricing

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Rosetti, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Rosetti

Standard Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hello and thanks to all contributors of invaluable information to this forum, particularly Jimsan. Your help and advice has been A1. :smashin:

Just thought I'd let you know about a couple of prices from my recent order with Sound & Vision of Bolton. I needed a supplier that could offer 12 months interest free, particularly as my wedding last year has depleted all savings! Sound & Vision tended to be a similar price to the likes of Digital Direct, however the latter company did not offer 12 months interest free.

Denon DHT-550SD: £550 (web price £579.95)
    Philips 32PF9986: £1,850 (web price £1,869.99)

As you can see, I managed to obtain a small reduction of £50 in total from their standard web prices by shopping around and price-improving with lower quotes from competitors.

I paid an up-front 10% deposit of £240 with the balance to be paid after 12 months. The service from Sound & Vision has been good so far.

I'm looking at purchasing some AVF speaker wall brackets as recommended by several people on here (http://www.avf.co.uk/product.php?cat=HF&product=P6199). I just need to decide where to locate the 6 speakers in my 'L shaped' living room. I also have to decide whether to wall mount the LCD or use it on it's stand.

I'll let you know how the system sounds & looks as soon as it's delivered & up 'n running.

Best regards,