1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 550sd Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by TerP1, Jan 15, 2005.

1. TerP1

TerP1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased the Denon 550 to accompany my Pioneer 435xde. I have audio via the optical cable from the dvd to the av receiver. However I have a component cable running from the dvd player to the pioneer receiver and can I get a picture.......nope!!! Should I have the component cable coming from the Denon receiver instead or should I be using a scart somewhere? :confused:

Oh and if anyone can help connecting this horrible telewest box too?

Thanks for any help.

Terry

2. TerP1

TerP1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got the 550 that could offer me some advice?

Cheers

3. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Terry,

I seem to think you have to connect via scart or video out first and then go into the DVD player setup menu to change the output choice. Bt default it output's to RGB scart, look in the DVD manual on page 23, bottom right.

4. TerP1

TerP1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, cheers the old read the manual trick :) worked a treat, thanks.

How can I now connect the telewest (Scart) up and Xbox so that it plays through the denon system? I am guessing I will need another component cable to link the denon rather than use the included video jack? I currently have the telewest box box linked up the tv receiver using a scart connection and the xbox through the front of the pioneer receiver.

Off to read through the pages and pages of instruction booklets.

Thanks