1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 550 DTS Problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by MattyKHZ, Mar 8, 2005.

1. MattyKHZ

MattyKHZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Finally got this setup at weekend after waiting for stands and extra speaker.

For some reason even though a disc states that it is also in DTS I get no sound when selecting the DTS input. Anyone got any ideas? Not sure if it the auto function that it mentioned on set up so may always prefer dolby digital.

Hate my folks Denon F100 where you have to press the two middle search/track buttons to change input modes. The Denon 550 seems a lot easiere but just cannot get DTS. May be something simple but anyone else found this.

2. Conn

Conn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Stupid suggestion maybe but...have you selected DTS on the disc menu? Certainly most films I have played the DD has been the default - to get the DTS I have had to select it from the language menu

3. nathanhill69

nathanhill69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    You should be able to select the DTS track by just using the remote - no actual need to select it in the DVD set-up menu. The DVD's you are viewing, have they definitely got a DTS track?

4. MattyKHZ

MattyKHZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Only tried it so far n one disk that stated DTS on back of cover but could not find in setup menu. Will try some others and find out.

5. Smiffy 2

Smiffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Confused now Nathan!
    Like Conn, I always have to select DTS from the disc's audio menu otherwise DD is the "default" output.
    Doesn't matter which DTS encoded disc I put in the machine, ALWAYS have to select it in the language section of the menu,
    Rob

6. nathanhill69

nathanhill69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Sorry I wasn't clear. By default you will always get the DD audio on DVD's but to skip through the other various audio options (languages, commentary, DTS track) you can just repeatedly press the AUDIO button on the remote whilst the film is playing - it will also display, on screen, what track you are listening to. This is assuming you've got the DVD set to auto detect and actually applies to to 500 - but I assume the 550 is similar.

Regards

Nathan

7. Strangerer

Strangerer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not all discs switch audio track by pressing the AUDIO button, it just depends on how the disc is encoded. What is the disc you are trying MattyKHZ and do you get sound with anything else you are trying or is this the only one you've tried so far? My 550 amp automatically switches to DTS when I select the track from the menu.