1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 550 centre speaker ???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by screemer, May 21, 2005.

1. screemer

screemer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I have just bought a denon 550 and i am impressed with the quality. However , i am finding on some dvds that the centre speaker is a bit quiet??? Is it best to increase the distance from the seating position or alter the db???

2. prezz

prezz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try both & see what works for you!

3. D.E.

D.E.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings, all --

I just bought a Daewoo DV6T811N combo DVD and CHS player. Thus far, it's an impressive machine.

On the Internet, I found how to hack the DVD side so it will play DVDs from all regions. (I'm in Region 1 - the United States, specifically.)

However, this hack did not enable the VHS side to play videotapes outside of Region 1 (and "all region" tapes, of course).

Does anyone know how I can get this Daewoo to play videotapes from other regions? Is there a hack, or maybe some contraption I can buy?

I'll appreciate any advice, as there's a Region 2 videotape I have that I'm absolutely aching to watch -- been wanting to see this rare film for years!

all the best,

D.E.

4. screemer

screemer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    back on topic.......... i have tried increasing the db and increasing the distance and neither really seem to adjust the volume, just the tone really, it goes far too bright!! Cinema EX adjusts it slighlty but as an overall i feel the centre voice is too low compared to the rest of the track which is loud and superb. Any ideas?? Moving the sub nearer wont work cos its active , will it?

5. D.E.

D.E.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello -- I'm sure you want to be "back on topic", but I'm new here, and I'm new to all this, and I really would appreciate the kindness of some advice. If you can be so good as to give me a little, then I'll be immediately out of your way. Thanks again. --D.E.

6. Strangerer

Strangerer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey D.E. just start a new thread for your query . So back on topic once more ....screemer how are you adjusting the db volume, as I have found that doing this works for films I have with quiet centre tracks? I press the 'CH SELECT/ENTER' button until the centre channel is displayed on the amp then use the arrows left and right to adjust the volume.

7. screemer

screemer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I was going through the system setup mode. I'll give it a whirl cheers.