1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 550 and Sky+ Help required

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by kieronm, Jul 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. kieronm

kieronm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello I've recently bought a Denon 550 and the everything is working great. I'd now like to run my Sky + through the amp so I can watch satellite TV through my amp. I'm not sure what cables will get me the best picture and sound. I'm assuming I need at least 1 digital audio lead and the one I have connects between the amp and the DVD player. My TV only has one scart which is currently being taken up by the DVD player. Any help on how to set up my Sky + to it's full potential would be much appreciated.

Thanks Kieron

2. nicknackynoo

nicknackynoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, with only one scart input your options are limited.
    Personally I'd invest in a scart lead splitter or junction box, there's loads on the market with the posh ones able to detect which device you just switched on!
    Then I'd see if the TV scart supported the RGB format, you can go to audio options using your TV remote and the menu and if it does support RGB it will give the chance to enable it.
    All this means is that the RGB scart will now send only video to your TV, with your Denon handling the sound, which understandably results in a better picture.
    Get yourself a optical cable for the sky + which goes into one of the optical inputs of the Denon amp, they aren't too expensive and if you go type in 'optical cable' into your search engine you'll find loads of suppliers.

First check if the TV scart supports RGB

3. kieronm

kieronm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've since checked and I do have a second scart on my TV, so the connection should be straight forward. It appears that my TV doesn't have an RGB option though my Sky box does.

Thanks for your help - Kieron