Denon 500SD - subtitle flicker?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by whuelse, Aug 16, 2005.

1. whuelse

whuelse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hv been regularly seeing an issue with the picture from my 500SD. Usually halfway thru a movie, the subtitles come on and flicker on the screen for abt 3-4 secs. This happens even when the subtitles are off. Does not happen for all movies. Could be for dual layer discs only. Now, this is not a major issue by any means but still dont expect this from a 400£ kit. ;)
    I hv a Panasonic 28" tv. And I hv seen this issue even when I had it connected to my old Philips 21".
    Contacted Denon Customer services....exchanged a few mails...regd what dvds and what chapters...in the end, they suggested I return it to the seller (peter tyson) for a possible firmware upgrade.

Now I bought the 500SD as region 2 and saw this issue. Then I have used the hack and made it multi region :smashin: , hoping this issue would have been resolved, but no success :thumbsdow .
    Any of you seen this with your Denon 500SDs?

Cheers

2. Conn

Conn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Yes, I have had it happen and it has been mentioned on here before. However, I have not had it occur since I had it made multi region (also by Peter Tyson). It was a R0 disc that it did it to me on...