Denon 500SD - subtitle flicker?

whuelse

Standard Member
Reaction score
I hv been regularly seeing an issue with the picture from my 500SD. Usually halfway thru a movie, the subtitles come on and flicker on the screen for abt 3-4 secs. This happens even when the subtitles are off. Does not happen for all movies. Could be for dual layer discs only. Now, this is not a major issue by any means but still dont expect this from a 400£ kit. ;)
I hv a Panasonic 28" tv. And I hv seen this issue even when I had it connected to my old Philips 21".
Contacted Denon Customer services....exchanged a few mails...regd what dvds and what chapters...in the end, they suggested I return it to the seller (peter tyson) for a possible firmware upgrade.

Now I bought the 500SD as region 2 and saw this issue. Then I have used the hack and made it multi region :smashin: , hoping this issue would have been resolved, but no success :thumbsdow .
Any of you seen this with your Denon 500SDs?

Cheers

Yes, I have had it happen and it has been mentioned on here before. However, I have not had it occur since I had it made multi region (also by Peter Tyson). It was a R0 disc that it did it to me on...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom