Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

denon 500sd -no new plans

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by jules19, May 17, 2005.

1. jules19

jules19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    emailed denon after reading various threads on here

i enquired as to whether they would be updating the 500sd or bringing out something to replace it in the not to distant future- with hdmi connectivity.

the denon response was NO as the 500sd wouldnt support hdmi connectivity.

I also enquired as to the troublesome fan noise i have been reading about- i asked them if they were able to build firmware to eradicate the noisy fan problem, ie fan kicking in at higher db levels.

denon response:In terms of the fan noise, this is down to a fault with that particular DHT500SD unit, as we have tested this and have concluded it does not interfere with the movie.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us

so does this mean an inherent fault amongst all 500sd units????

2. lhough20

lhough20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,
    i dont think so as i have the 500sd and cant hear my fan at all even when i turn it up loud. I have crouched down next to the unit when it is on and can just about hear the fan.
    The picture quality via component is excellent and so i've no need for another "better" connection.
    hope this helps
    Lee