Denon - 500SD connection Problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by bazaar, Feb 22, 2005.

1. bazaar

bazaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI all ,
    New to the forum and wondered if any of you could help with a connection problem i have: :lease:

I have just purchased a denon DTH 500SD system and am having trouble trying to connect it to a sony plasma tv KDE-P42XS1. I have connected the component video in cables to the sony and denon( have changed settings to COMPONENT in set up menue) but do not know which sockets to use to connect the sound between the two.Have tried a twin phono lead (red and white) to the audio video 2 in sockets and in the audio video 1 sockets but still on sound from the tv through the surround speakers. I would also like to connect a sony dvd recorder RDR-GX300 to the denon and a panasonic video cassette NV-HD640B , at present have 2 scarts going from the dvd recorder 1 into the tv and the other into the video cassette.Then 1 from the video cassette to the tv.

Plasma has 3 21 pin scarts , component in, audio input (phono jacks)
    DVD recorder has digital out Coaxial,component video out 2 21 pin scarts and 2 phono audio out and in sockets
    video recorder has 2 21 pin scarts,and 2 phono audio out sockets.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Mark

2. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    All you need is your phono cables from your tv to the Denon in either Video 1 or Video 2. This will supply analogue for anything that is being displayed on your tv and connected via scart to your tv.

On the Denon you just need to select DVD on the remote control on the function button and you will hear the sound from your DVD.

3. bazaar

bazaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Wicket
    Many thanks for your reply, will give it a try tonight, by the way do i need to keep the component lead connected, this gives the picture from the denon's dvd right ? Will i be able to hear the tv chanels( bbc,itv ) through the denon speakers with the phono leads connected to audio video 1 socket, seemed to get no sound when i tried the other day :confused:

4. bazaar

bazaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Re-connected system last night and sound is coming through denon speakers, it sounds GREAT!! one happy teddy :D

5. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Glad you got it sorted.