1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 500 with 36zp46

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by TWOFISH, Mar 12, 2005.

1. TWOFISH

TWOFISH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Help, can I view a 5.1 digital program on tv and reproduce this through my Denon 500. If so could someone give me instructions in layman terms please. I have tried using phono leads between denon and tv but to be honest all the terminology is confusing me beyond belief, I haven't really got a clue what I am doing.

Thanks

2. Roohster

Roohster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +913
    Hi Twofish,

I hope this clears things up for you, if not feel free to ask away....

The only way to get true 5.1 sound from tv is via SKY+, and they only broadcast a few films a day in Dolby Digital.

If you're after simple ProLogic surround, you can get this from any tv source, providing it has a stero output, in the form of a pair of phono sockets, or a scart that will supply audio out.

Just connect the source (tv, video, freeview, whatever) to one of the spare inputs on the Denon.

If you have Sky+ it's even better - connect an optical digital cable to the Denon and you'll get ProLogic on almost everything, and Dobly Digital on three (I think) of the movie channels.

3. TWOFISH

TWOFISH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Roohster2