Denon 500 -vs- Denon 1705 based system

Z

zenki200

I am considering replacing my Panasonic SCH-T75 and given the threads on here and mag reviews a Denon 500 is pretty high up the list of possible replacements. The 500 has little to count against it but I am also wondering if it's worth me taking the jump to seperates. This will obviously mean more expense but I would probably base the system on the Toshiba SD340E DVD player and a Denon 1705 0r 1905 receiver/amp. I then have to find a suitable speaker package. Would this setup give a hugely improved performance when pitched against the 500 all in one system to warrant the extra expense? I doubt I would ever expand the seperates system as my girlfriend is not really into the floorstanders and speakers all over the room thing so I am limited to the smaller speakers.

wicket

Separates will always give a better performance than an all in one system, however, the Denon 500 is quite stunning. It depends I think on how serious you are going to take your home cinema, for the average person I think the Denon is the way to go.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom