Denon 500 & Surround Mode

Shooter1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just got me Denon 500 up and running in conjunction with Sky+ & 46"DLP.

I am very impressed with it, but as this is my 1st foray into HC, was wondering what the best surround modes would be for different things e.g DVD's, Sky Movies, Sport, ITV, BBC, Sky 1 etc.

Thx for all replies

Hey Shooter,
I received my Denon system yesterday and, like you, this is my first venture into HC. After having a look around at some different set-ups and looking up different formats I have come to this conclusion.

For normal TV you will not get 5.1 support so that is not really relevent.

For DVD (I think) you have to go with whatever format is on the movie. As for what is best I think it depends on the movie. I watched Star Wars which has of course THX/Dolby sound last night and it was amazing. Another movie might use Pro-logic II though and I am pretty sure that there will only be one to pick from.

The only other thing is games. I know that for my XBox Halo 2 has 5.1 support. In order to enable it though I had to get a XBox cable with a optical connection.

This is my understanding of the different formats available and how you can use them. If anybody knows I am talking rubbish though please tell me.

Hello all,
i have had the 500 for a year or so.
I only use dd dts (dvd) and 5 stereo (sky)
imo the only three worth using ( i dont game)
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom