1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 500 Rear Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by EL DOONUS, Mar 20, 2005.

1. EL DOONUS

EL DOONUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been listening to this system for about a month now.When using audio signal from Sky Digibox I don't seem to be getting much in the way of rear effects.Have tried all the different pro logic settings but this has little effect.Have increased the 'dB' to 10 for rears and reduced the others but still no joy.DVD's are better but not got the WOW factor I was expecting.Had an Aiwa Hi-Fi years ago with a pro logic function and while it wasn't as basey as the Denon their was certainly more happening at the back.Anyone have any thoughts??

2. OldSkoO1

OldSkoO1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    TV broadcasts only come through as stero and therefore the onboard DPL2 encoder will emulate surround sound. You proberly already know this but make sure your using either PLII Cinema or my choice Neo-6 Cinema when watching the TV.

Definatly not as good as 5.1, this will only change when broadcasts come through in 5.1. Also, since moving my rear speakers off stands and onto wall brackets some 3ft above ear level the surround experience on TV has noticably improved; definatly with 5.1.

3. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    You are using Sky with a fully wired scart cable arn't you? Mono sound is only fed to the tv if you use the rf cable to your tv, prologic needs stereo signals to work.