Denon 500 Pics wanted

Shooter1

Well-known Member
After all thew great reviews of the Denon 500, I think I'm going to purchase this along with the 46" Tosh DLP.

Can all peeps with the denon, email me pics of your set up, i.e TV and front speakers.

I'm trying to visualise how the speakers will look with such a large TV, as well as getting ideas on what level & how to mount them.

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions.
 

Judders

Standard Member
Here's my set up. It's only a 32" LCD< but I imagine it'll look similar. I'll be decordating in March, so I'll take that opportunity to hide the speaker cables in the wall and move the power socket out of view.

I used these brackets AVF brackets think they cost about £15 from Comet.
 

Attachments

Judders

Standard Member
Just noticed you said DLP! So I guess you'll be using floor stands then? And mine won't look anything like it! :rolleyes:
 

duckson

Novice Member
Judders said:
Here's my set up. It's only a 32" LCD< but I imagine it'll look similar. I'll be decordating in March, so I'll take that opportunity to hide the speaker cables in the wall and move the power socket out of view.
I'm presuming cus i cant see any cables to the LCD you have them already hidden in the wall? is this via conduit, if so how big is the conduit? and where does the wiring exit the wall, behind the skirting board somehow?

Judders said:
I used these brackets AVF brackets think they cost about £15 from Comet.
Hmm the look pretty nice....can we have some more close up shots from a few different angles please? (ok wrong part of the forum i know....should be in DIY :D ).


PS just noticed u have a box on top of the 500....if your covering the vents thats not really an ideal situation. :(
 

Judders

Standard Member
duckson said:
I'm presuming cus i cant see any cables to the LCD you have them already hidden in the wall? is this via conduit, if so how big is the conduit? and where does the wiring exit the wall, behind the skirting board somehow?
The cables between the TV/DVD/Sky are all hidden in the wall. But all I did was use a hole saw to cut two holes in the plasterboard and feed the cables through. The cables exit the wall just above the skirting board. At the moment, the hole is unfinished, but I've found a nice little product from Keene which I'm going to use to finish it.

duckson said:
Hmm the look pretty nice....can we have some more close up shots from a few different angles please? (ok wrong part of the forum i know....should be in DIY :D ).
I'll see what I can do! :)

duckson said:
PS just noticed u have a box on top of the 500....if your covering the vents thats not really an ideal situation.
I know, but the Sky+ box is quite a bit smaller than the Denon, so fortunately it doesn't cover all of the vents. The wooden-box shelf thingy was supposed to be a temporary solution, but I just haven't found anything else suitable :(
 

MStarkey

Novice Member
He're are my pics for what they're worth - no plasma & I still have to sort out the stands but they still sound great :thumbsup: and the boss is happy with the cables all tidy & hidden ;) Now, do I need Sky+.......
 

Attachments

Conn

Novice Member
My little baby...TV is a Sony KV28FX60 with a Sony VTFX750 Sky box and a now redundant Thompson A/V amp (currently being used to give height to the Denon while I try to figure out how to shelve the stand). The stand is for the 36 inch version of the TV, as supplied to retailers for instore display - Wooden base and all metal construction with a fitted glass shelf. Puts the TV quite a bit higher than the standard stand would :)

Speakers are kept in the two dvd cabinets either side, safely out of harms way when not needed (no loss of sound quality versus being in the open).

Still a few things to do...wiring is a bit of a state...the afore mentioned shelving problem....and those curtains really have to go :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/agdrag/DSC00223.jpg
 

Shooter1

Well-known Member
THanks for the pics guys.
Mstarkey, is the sound fine with them being so close together & I would highly recommend Sky +, its an awesome piece of kit, and once you get it you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.

Keep em coming.
 

runner125

Novice Member
ok sorry guys (bit of a sideways thread) but, in some of the pics above the screen shows words all over it - how did that happen? Mine just shows a bright blue screen when there is no disc in the machine or disc has been stopped. Connection by
S-video if that makes a difference.
 

Eallin

Novice Member
:lesson:
1. <Setup>
2. From Advanced Setup select <DVD setup>
3. Scroll to <Wall Paper> hit <Enter>
4. <Setup>
...and you're all done!

:hiya:
 

bobble

Active Member
Hi, Pic of my Denon 550, give you anothe idea on the speaker stands. TV looks a bit lost on the cabinet. Will have to start saving for Plasma.

Excuse the Teddy Bear and Plastic Flower, little daughter been playing!
 

Attachments

MStarkey

Novice Member
Shooter1 said:
Mstarkey, is the sound fine with them being so close together
Keep em coming.
They're excellent - I'm sure to the purists I've comitted a sin but they work for me.


Shooter1 said:
I would highly recommend Sky +, its an awesome piece of kit, and once you get it you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.
Yes, but isn't it a little extravagant seeing as I already have the Panasonic HD recorder ?


Regards,
 

nathanhill69

Active Member
Okay, another slight sideways thread. When you have the Denon screen up with the words over it i.e."Music" "Cartoon" do you find the words edges are slightly pixelated and not that smooth. Mine are not that all that smooth although the DVD picture is top class and I've always wondered (some might say anally) if that's just the way it is.

Nathan
 

MStarkey

Novice Member
nathanhill69 said:
Okay, another slight sideways thread. When you have the Denon screen up with the words over it i.e."Music" "Cartoon" do you find the words edges are slightly pixelated and not that smooth.
Yep - Mine's the same...
 

Conn

Novice Member
Likewise. Scrensaver is dissapointing, picture quality wise...but then it is hardly ever on the screen
 
J

Jkw777

Guest
Hi there guys,

How does this system sound when playing music through it? I love the pics of the setups you guys have.

Look forward to a response,
Justin :)
 

Judders

Standard Member
I'd agree with Conn. It's ok, but if you're really into your music, you're still gonna need a hi-fi.
 

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt

Trending threads

Latest News

Sky comedy panel shows back to film new series
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Polk launches MagniFi 2 soundbar
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung pulls out of IFA 2020?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 28th June 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
LG Soundbar UK prices and availability for 2020 confirmed
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Top Bottom