1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 500 and AVF Mounts

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by nheather, Jan 29, 2005.

1. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,194
    I saw a Denon 500 in a store today and the wife liked it.

The thing I'm not sure is mounting as the boss points are on the bottom of the speakers. I've read a lot of posts and lot suggest the AVF wall mounts

http://www.avf.co.uk/product.php?cat=HF&product=P6199

Forgive me for being thick, but I can't see how these would work. Form the pictures I can see how they would fit to the speaker back but not to the bottom.

Can anyone explain or better still have pictures.

Cheers,

Nigel

2. nathanhill69

nathanhill69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Yep, I can confirm they do fit on the bottom and have the correct screws as I have them on the wall for my front speakers. You'll have to use your imagination, but when looking at the AVF web site link, look at the picture with the speaker connected on the back and imagine rotating it 90 degrees anti-clockwise - you would screw the dome part of the bracket to the bottom of the Denon speaker using the long bar that comes with the pack. I've attached some photos to give you, and others, an idea how it works.

I know it's a tricky for the Denon speakers but I searched high and low for brackets/stands and hit a wall but these work brilliantly.

Hope this helps

Nathan

Attached Files:

3. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,194
    Thanks for the excellent response.

Although not ideal, my rears will be mounted close to the ceiling and angled down towards the listener.

One thought I had was to mount the rear speakers upside down so that they are in effect hanging from the AVF mounts. I think this would look neater but would look even better if I could put the grill on upside down.

From pictures the speakers look symmetrical so can anyone confirm whether the grills can be fitted either way round.

Cheers,

Nigel

4. Conn

Conn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Yes, they can...I do like the easier questions :D

5. Manster

Manster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I could do with a couple of pairs of these too - have searched the Comet website and cannot find them. Do you know anywhere that is doing these at the moment? Can't seem to find anywhere online! Cheers

6. nathanhill69

nathanhill69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I bought mine a few months back, B&Q stocked them and I think Currys (big out of town type store). Not sure if they were listed on the web-sites.

By the way, glad you enjoyed your first DVD (read your other thread) - pretty impressive for such a small box - if you like LOTR films then these sound excellent (especially the battles), really blew me away.

7. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I bought mine from Curry's for £15.00.