1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 5.1 Speaker system SYSA3L

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Kart, Apr 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Kart

Kart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    These are the speakers that sell with the 500sd / 550sd, and can also be bought separately.

I was wondering if anybody had used them and what they are like for playing CD's?, and how would they compare with the Canton CD1?

( I am thinking of combining these speakers with Denon AVR 1705 and Denon DVD 1710 ).

I'd wellcome any thoughts / comments.

2. Kart

Kart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Someone must have used these Denon speakers for listening to CDs/ watching DVDs, but I've had no comments and I can't find any reviews anywhere.
    Please, please someone tell me, are they any good?
    I would really like to go and buy the Denon Speakers as they would then match the amp and DVD player, but I don't want to waste my money.

So can anyone out there tell me if they are any good?

3. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    They are OK for films but you may find them fine on music. If you did use them set the crossover in the amp to max and the satillites to small to get the best from them. With out the sub for sure in stereo they are lacking but if used with the 1705 the sub should fill out the rest of the sound and you should be OK.

If you are really serious try to spend as much as possible on a set of speakers, regardless of the rest of the setup, this goes for our display to. So if you upgrade your speakers are still capable of showing the difference. With that system I would personal spend about £600-£1000 on the speakers but that is up to you.

4. Kart

Kart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, I really can't afford to spend so much. I think I shall go for the Denon speakers, and to see how I get on with playing music CDs.
    I've been looking through all the forums and most people seem to advise that for decent music a hi fi out-matches most home cinemas. So now I am also considering buying the Denon DM31 with the stereo speakers. Do you think I could substitute the front speakers from the surround sound package with these?

5. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The problem is not the speakers it is the DVD player and A/V amp itself. They are designed to work with video as well as audio so the additinal circuitry results in a less dynamic sound compared to a 31 or a pure stereo unit.