Denon 4700 Sound Options

Kopec

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm truly confused with what I can or can't do. Maybe this is a denon limitation?

I have a denon 4700 and a lg cx along with a 5.1.4 system with 2 front heights and 2 rear heights.

With my earc set on my TV, I can only get atmos on my xbox series x and on my TV, which sounds great but no options for dts signals or auro 3d.

IF I turn off e arc on the TV then I get atmos, dts, and auro options BUT basic stereo on the xbox series x which is connected into the 8k slot for the 4k 120 hz gaming.

Is there some setting I can do to get all options for the TV and for the x box or do I need to keep swapping earc on and off?

How do you have the XB connected? If you are going direct to the TV then I believe there are audio limitations with LG sets. Going direct into the X4700 should give you all available audio options by scrolling through the list on the remote's green button.

How do you have the XB connected? If you are going direct to the TV then I believe there are audio limitations with LG sets. Going direct into the X4700 should give you all available audio options by scrolling through the list on the remote's green button.
Xbox is connected to the 8k hdmi bit on the 4700. That's how I'm getting 4k 120hz for the x box.

I mean, it takes a few seconds to turn arc off and on so I don't mind needing to swap.

It just seems a bit daft to need to.

Xbox is connected to the 8k hdmi bit on the 4700. That's how I'm getting 4k 120hz for the x box.

I mean, it takes a few seconds to turn arc off and on so I don't mind needing to swap.

It just seems a bit daft to need to.
I've not got either an XB or LG TV but you should not be getting this problem with a direct connection to the Denon. They are very good at reading the correct information coming from the source and eARC should not affect it at all as it is only reading the audio coming from the TV which is, by limitation, Dolby Digital Plus and any associated Atmos metadata. No streaming or broadcast services use higher than DD+.

I would be looking to the settings on your XB.

I think this happened to me a while ago on my 4700h. I'll try to figure it out today but I feel like it had something to do with the eARC settings or options on the TV (mines a Samsung)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom