Denon 4500 loud spark like sound

RobTi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi have had this a couple of times randomly it sounds like a very loud spark sound coming either through the ceiling or main fronts, think it may have been when watching netflix from apple tv, but again very random and only posting as it happened the second time last night, everything else seems okay

Does it happen on sources other than Netflix or the ATV? Try to rule things out by trying different sources, blu ray player perhaps. It could be a source issue rather than an amp one.

Does it happen on sources other than Netflix or the ATV? Try to rule things out by trying different sources, blu ray player perhaps. It could be a source issue rather than an amp one.
hoping it was just a glitch streaming but as i said very random will note down the next time it happens.
Thanks

It's one of those odd ones. Is it A or is it B and it's just as hard to rule one in as rule it out. The usual sound drop outs are easily put down to streaming problems and I have had a clicking when using Sky UHD but that was accompanied by video problems as well, which did worry me because I'm a glass half empty type of person. I rewound the programme and to my relief they were in the same place, had to be the original download.

Is it possible for you to rewind if it happens again?

will try to get more details it was just that loud and clear i thought something had went so did the test tones again to check lol

Hi have had this a couple of times randomly it sounds like a very loud spark sound coming either through the ceiling or main fronts, think it may have been when watching netflix from apple tv, but again very random and only posting as it happened the second time last night, everything else seems okay
I have the same receiver. Something similar happened to me a while back. How are your speaker wires connected to the binding posts?

Mine were originally just bare wire - with the posts screwed down aka "cold weld" (when it happened). As I thought it was a wire causing a short, I changed to using banana plugs.

I've not experienced the problem since. I can't be certain it was a short, but banana plugs look tidier anyway. Especially when you're connecting 9 speakers!

I have the same receiver. Something similar happened to me a while back. How are your speaker wires connected to the binding posts?

Mine were originally just bare wire - with the posts screwed down aka "cold weld" (when it happened). As I thought it was a wire causing a short, I changed to using banana plugs.

I've not experienced the problem since. I can't be certain it was a short, but banana plugs look tidier anyway. Especially when you're connecting 9 speakers!
All connected by bananas but will double check them
Thanks

Soooo much easier than bare wire. Particularly when you are lazy like me and buy your speaker cables fully terminated.

Soooo much easier than bare wire. Particularly when you are lazy like me and buy your speaker cables fully terminated.
I also got soooo fed up with the mess that bare wires created. Much easier to trouble shoot too.

Hi, just wondering if the issue has been resolved. If so do you know what caused it?

Sorry it never occurred again and I honestly forgot all about it

Sorry it never occurred again and I honestly forgot all about it
No worries was probably related to Netflix itself then!

Well I have been streaming every night and listening to music during the day since I posted so hopefully it was

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom