denon 4308 questions please

D

Deleted member 898655

Have recently bought a denon 4308a, i am having trouble getting the sub to work, have searched the menu and tried everything i can find, i do get a buzz from the sub but nothing else, even if i go into the menu for speaker balance with mic i get nothing from the sub, can you help please.

Check, double check and then triple check that you have the cable plugged into the correct socket on the 4308, as per the manual, as that's the usual reason.

Flip that was quick cheers, when running auto set up the sub gives sound, and shows on the screen as there, but during playback nothing, all the lights are on on the sub but no sound.

Just double checked it is in the pre out with white square. Many thanks.

We aim to please :laugh:

Hmm, you're not running in Stereo Direct or Pure mode are you?
I'm pretty sure one or other of those knocks the sub out, (but could be wrong).

Other thing to check is the crossover setting on the sub.
If it's not full up or off, it should be and you'll need to re-run the setup after correcting it.

Also what is the gain set too on the back of the sub?
What source are you playing? Is it a DD or DTS track i.e. proper 5.1 or Prologic/stereo source?
Is your sub set to on or is it on an auto setting?

Sub is an old mission, it only has frequency and volume, and a green or red light on, been trying the film Panic room in DTS and plain dolby, but still no output also another film in various output modes inc 7 channel stereo.

Volume should also be set to around half way. What is the sub level set at within the amp?

Thank you gents, for your help.

Sub volume is on full and crossover set to about 90 hz, have just rerun audessy, and i now get a caution on front speakers and 1 rear saying Phase ??

Also checked volume of sub under parameters and set to +12 max nothing output.

Let's start again.

What is the sub?
Is 90hz as high as it will go? I doubt it.
As I said, full up.
Full volume is too high, go for half, as PSM1 suggested.

What are the speakers?

I'm beginning to suspect that either the amp or sub is duff.

Have you previously used the sub and it's worked fine?

One other thing that comes to mind is the sub cable.

If you have another one (anything with an RCA/phono at both ends, colour doesn't matter), try swapping it.

Thank you gents for your help, it seems the sub is at fault if i turn it off then on again it runs for a short while only, took the back off and found a loose wire but the damage has been done i think, so need a new sub.

I was planning for some new front speakers as my Ruarks are to tall and come in the way of the screen, any suggestions to speakers to fit this problem, the speaker is a old mission cut into some ply for the time being. need them to be wall mountable and slim.

Many thanks again

Attachments

• PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 272
  • PICT0001_1.JPG
    PICT0001_1.JPG
    275 KB · Views: 92
Hi

We've been wandering off topic for a couple of posts or so.

I suggest that you take your speaker Queries to the "What speakers should I buy" Sub Forum of the Speakers Forum.

I know you'll get some help there!

Good luck,

K.

Hi

We've been wandering off topic for a couple of posts or so.

I suggest that you take your speaker Queries to the "What speakers should I buy" Sub Forum of the Speakers Forum.

I know you'll get some help there!

Good luck,

K.

Wandering off topic?

The guys have been most helpful in trying to help me set up the amp to get my sub to play, or is it talking speaker settings and cables should be put elsewhere?

Only my last post was asking for advice on speakers. And there views?

You have been discussing your sub since post 8.

You have now asked for advice on your other speakers.

My gentle reminder was that there are specific Forums for those subjects and that those questions were off topic.

You seem to have taken exception to this for some reason.

I ask again that this thread return to Topic and that speaker questions are addressed to the relevant Forum.

Thanks.

K.

Well, yes, threads do tend to drift OT slightly, but Kubby is right in that we've gone way OT, seeing as this is a Denon forum.

At least it seems you've found the problem, has2mow :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom