Denon 4308 lip sync

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sanderdvd, Jan 15, 2008.

Tags:
  1. sanderdvd

sanderdvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I hope this question was not in this thread before and if so, sorry for double posting!

In the option menu of the 4308 there is the option called LIP SYNC which you can put ON or OFF. I know that lip sync troubles are differences in the audio and picture but would like to know WHAT the denon exactly DOES when enable lip sync in the menu. And shouldnt this option supposed to be under the AUDIO menu and not the VIDEO menu where it is now?

Is on or off recommended?

2. spooney

spooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
    The setting synchronizes video and audio. The delay has to be set in milliseconds.

Nowadys the processors are fast enough and you will hardly find a device combination which causes this problem.

As long as you are not experiencing video and audio out of sync the setting should be off. In case you will notice you have lip sync issues you have to experiment on the delay you need to get it in sync again.

3. sjd101

sjd101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    There are two options. One is audio delay the other is auto lip synch. The audio delay can be adjusted as you watch to get the best match. Have tried auto lip synch but its not as useful as manual adjustment via audio delay function.

However, I have issues from channel to channel. As best I can tell it appears to be very different between HD channels broadcast in digital and SD channels. Is there a way this can be resolved? I am getting really frustrated with having to change the lip synch depending on the channel I am watching.

Thanks in advance