• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon 4306 with Scaler?

MPK

Established Member
I just saw the new Denon 4306 on the Denon Germany website and it seems to have a Faroudja scaler :eek: . Why would they have no scaler in the A11XV but put one in the inferior model? On top of that, it has the webcontrol, music streamer, internet radio, etc. already enabled that A1XV and A11XV owners need to purchase seperately. :mad:
I can't really see why anyone would go for the A11XV considering the 4306 has all these extra features plus even Radio as it's a receiver. In the US, the models are completely different. For instance, the 3806 has no analog to HDMI upconversion whereas the EU version has it and the 4306 doesn't have scaling. But at least in the US the feature differentiation between the models makes a lot more sense. Weird...

Jase

Distinguished Member
Keep on changing bits don't they! LOL. The US 3806 also has analogue to HDMI upconversion now. It's been confirmed by owners at AVS.

They appear to have dropped the Firewire input on the 4306 as well. Although, it's gained a more potent DSP (ADSP-21367 - 2.4GFLOPs) than the 3806 (ADSP-21366 - 2GFLOPS).

MPK

Established Member
Jase said:
Keep on changing bits don't they! LOL. The US 3806 also has analogue to HDMI upconversion now. It's been confirmed by owners at AVS.QUOTE]

Really? Weird, the US Denon website specifically says no analog to HDMI upconversion. Guess the engineers and marketing guys don't really talk to each other. Ah well, as long as the engineers are winning, so are the customers :)

Miron

Established Member
it is not a flexible scaler. it just offers some standard outputs such as 720p or 1080i. still it is nice to see such a feature inside the AV the receiver

MPK

Established Member
well, it's basically the same scaler which is in the A1XV and for which you have to fork out a lot more....

MPK

Established Member
Well, list price in Germany is EUR1,999 compared to the 3806, which is EUR1,399. I know that the 3806 will be around £900, so my guess is the 4306 will be around £1,300. Don't expect to see one much before christmas though...

Glasgow Adam

Standard Member
one would think £1300 would be a reasonable conversion and step up from the 3806, and yet avland.co.uk (alarmingly reliable) list it at £1500 - not sure if ipod connection, video scaling and an extra hdmi is worth that much...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom