denon 4306 no sound at all

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by f1-iceman, Sep 1, 2007.

Tags:
  1. f1-iceman

f1-iceman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI

My amp has had a small knock and i have no sound but everything else works fine.
    When it powers up it goes to flashing green till it has searched for it connections and then the green light stays on as normal indicating no faults.

My denon 4306 amp seems to have a problem with no sound all the menu's work ok.

I have taken the lid off and checked for loose wires and ribbon cable's,and even wiggled the boards for bad contact but still its the same,And it will also reset to factory settings.

The pictures are there and switching ok and it is displaying sound is there by the channel indicators on the left of display picking up the type of signal it is recieving.

But nothing from the speakers not even test signals or even humm or hiss when volume turned up.
    There is no sound from headphones either.

It seems to me that the power to the amp side is down in the final stage of output.
    Has anyone had the same problem or know how to fix it.

Hope someone can help me with this problem.

ALSO WHAT VOLTAGES ARE TO BE MEASURED FROM THE POWER SUPPLY TRANSFORMER FOR EACH CABLE WOULD HELP ME.

THANK YOU KEET

2. f1-iceman

f1-iceman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IVE FIXED IT NOW YIPPEE !!!
    Took me ages to find but there was a very small crack in a circuit board track that had touched one off the fets.
    the chassis must have twisted when it fell.
    just re-solderd the track and BINGO WORKS.
    SO WASN'T THE POWER SUPPLY LIKE I FIRST THOUGHT.
    THANKS FOR READING CHEERS