Denon 4306 & iPod

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dts197, Apr 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. dts197

dts197

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +665
    I've got a Denon 4306 & have bought a Denon AKP 100 cable to use with my iPod video.

The thing is, it's so annoying not being able to use the wheel on the iPod to select tracks, it's takes ages to scroll through the playlists & tracks with the Denon remote.

What other way can I connect the two together? I have a lead that I used with my old system. I think it's a 3.5mm jack (one end into the iPod dock & 2 into the receiver.

I've connected it to my Denon but couldn't get any sound. So I must be doing something wrong.

Any advice on how to use my iPod and still make use of the controls of the iPod itself would be much appreciated.

2. dts197

dts197

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +665
    Does nobody use iPod's with Denon receivers that could help?

3. Owen824

Owen824

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    you can get a 3.5 mm to 2 rca (red and white) cable. connect the 3.5mm jack to the ipod and then connect the rca's to the back of the amp in a spare input. thats how i hook my archos and my ipod to my 2807 until i buy the dock for it.

4. dts197

dts197

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +665
    I've got the 3.5mm to 2 rca lead and an iPod dock. I connected it to the cd input but got crackly sound. I'm not sure which input I should be connecting it to!

I read the instructions but still not sure & didn't want to do any damage.

5. Owen824

Owen824

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    hmmm. not sure then. i think i have got my archos through the dvd rca's. are you connecting through the ipod dock? ie plugging the 3.5mm into the dock and then sitting the ipod in it. might be the dock that has a faulty connection. try plugging the ipod directly with the amp. see what that does.

6. MadMaelstrom

MadMaelstrom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Right, I use my ipod with the 4306 and have also found the interface to be 'clunky' at best.
    DONT go down the 3.5mm to RCA route, IPods are limited through the headphone socket (stupid EU ruling).
    The best way I've found is to make some playlists and put em on shuffle. A pain if you only want to play a certain album but them's the breaks.
    Another alternative is to use the net feature. I use ethernet over power and connect to my pc and play that way, much nicer interface.

7. dts197

dts197

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +665
    It's not the dock, worked fine on my old system. I'll have to have another play. Gutted if I can't use the iPod controls. I've got dj sets more than 3 hours long that don't fast forward quick enough using the Denon controls!