Denon 4306, buy now or wait a little longer for it's successor

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Mokum, Jan 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Mokum

Mokum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I'm thinking of buying the Denon 4306 Receiver, but given it was released back in 2005, I'm expecting Denon to come with an upgrade of their top receiver anytime soon. Any word in the grapevine? Looking at the US site, there are at least 3 other receivers above the 4306, but I guess that is still the best buy in the UK. I wouldn't be surpriced if a 'new version' of the 4306 will hit the market soon. Any thoughts?

2. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    Hi

I'd hang on just a couple of weeks and see what new Receivers Denon announce at the CES Show in the USA. New models will have HDMI 1.3 and better video processing on some of the models. Whilst they may not be released over here for a few months you'll at least see if the extra features are worth waiting for. :)

3. Mokum

Mokum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    FAB, many thanks Jase. How good is the cesweb.org site to keep an eye on that news?

4. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    It's ok but www.audioholics.com are usually one of the quickest to get info up from the Show. I'd be keeping an eye on their site personally. :)

5. Lord Axl

Lord Axl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I agree,maybe it's better to wait a little BUT...it was announced some days ago that the new audio HD (Dolby True HD,etc) will be available later this year ONLY on Denon's top amplifiers,so I think that these will cost a lot more than the 4306.Of course in 2008 things will change ;)

6. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,045
    You don't need HDMI 1.3 to benefit from Dolby TrueHD etc. The current range of HD-DVD players already decode the signal and pass it as hi-res PCM via HDMI. All you need is an Amp/Receiver with HDMI 1.1 audio capability and you're away. The Dolby TrueHD decoders in the Amp are more than likely to remain unused anyway.

It's what else they might be adding to the new Denon's that I'm intrigued about, namely improved video processing.

7. Lord Axl

Lord Axl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Yes,that's true :smashin: And I'm curious too about it (video processing)..