Denon 3930 DVD handshake Issue

Johnew

I have a Denon 3930 DVD Player and went to put it on but unable to get any signal through HDMI. Not even the Denon picture screen (Set all HDMI settings). YCBCR 1080p, PureDirect Normal. Updated software BE-8284-A,Make Day C09, DSP 8250,IP 070518

Can recieve signal through Scart but I purchased the Denon 3930 For the HDMI HD quality

When the TV is not on the HDMI channel the HDMI on the DVD player flashes. When the HDMI channel is selected on the TV the HDMI on the DVD player is solid. This means something must be recognised that the HDMI is connected to the TV HDMI socket and sending and recieving information for the HDMI sign on the DVD player to change from flashing to solid.

Sony KDL-W403000 TV HDMI sockets working input Sky Digital HD

Purchased new HDMI cable 1.3b specification

Nothing seems to have worked. Done the usual Plugged/unplugged mains and HDMI cables. Changed Cables. If anyone has any ideas how to solve this problem I would be most grateful for your input.:lease:

Last edited:

Jase

Distinguished Member
Have you tried switching the resolutions to see if anything other than 1080p works? You should be able to do that from the front panel.

Johnew

Hi Jase
Tried changing all formats and resolutions it makes no difference still nothing coming through.

Jase

Distinguished Member
Seems odd. Is the player connected directly to the TV or via an AV Amp/Receiver?

Johnew

Seems odd. Is the player connected directly to the TV or via an AV Amp/Receiver?

Dirctly to the tv. Nothing inbetween

In the left hand corner of the tv info used to come up HDMI then 1080p underneath as the DVD connected. Now only HDMI shows on the corner

HDMI is the TV input channel -1080p was when the DVD connected

Last edited:

Jase

Distinguished Member
Have any other settings been changed in the main setup menu? Scart output changed from Video to RGB for example?

Last edited:

Johnew

This happened before the update which I did last night. Checked all settings through setup and all correct. No problem with Scart Video and everything playing as it should be. Just no picture or sound through HDMI.

I have 3 HDMI inputs on my tv and tried the dvd into them all. The DVD player does not work in HDMI on any of the inputs. Sky HD works on them all so I don't think it is the TV HDMI sockets causing the Problem.

Last edited:

Jase

Distinguished Member
You could try a hard reset on the 3930. In the manual (under Troubleshooting I think) should be the key press combination you need to perform. Basically, it restores the unit to the factory defaults. Might be worth a go.

Johnew

Thanks Jase for your input

After many phonecalls to explain the fault, I recieved a phonecall back from Denon customer service that they will take my Denon 3930 DVD back for repair. The outcome may possibly be a No HDMI video output problem??. The player is now at the retailers awaiting collection.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Johnew

Thought I'll give you an update on my 3930. After phoning my retailer to find out why my repair was taking so long. I recieved a phone call back from them today that Denon have said it is a video board fault and they have had to send to the "Far East" for a replacement. No final return date was given, but hopefully it will be worth the wait and will work like brand new model when it is finally returned.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom