1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Denon 3910

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by John Langton, Aug 19, 2005.

1. John Langton

John Langton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im about to purchase one within the month to go with my 3805. Is there anything in the pipeline coming out that is worth waiting for or should I just go ahead and get the 3910 to match my 3805?

Thanks

John

2. ozdvduser

ozdvduser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    At The Track or Melbourne Victoria Australia
    Ratings:
    +3
    Go with the 3910, make sure you get the latest DL3 upgrade to it. That way you can just run the 1 cable between 3910 & 3805 for all your audio and use the 3805 BM for CD, DVD-V, DVD-A & SACD - the new DL3 has had very good reviews over here from those using it.

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,788
    If you want something that matches you amp then it's a fair choice. However if comsetic matching isn't an issue you may want to do a search on these forums for posts about that player and what end users think of it and its issues.

Gordon

4. juniper

juniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I have the 3805 and the 3910 with it and am absolutely delighted with the combination, have had no issues with either, and like the fact you can use the 3805 remote control for them both, and especially Denon Link. Top stuff :thumbsup:

5. John Langton

John Langton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers guys

John

PS Where is cheapest place to get one at the moment other than ebay which I havent seen many on anyway

6. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    It is a pretty player that matches the 3805 well but better performance can be had from elsewhere.

7. John Langton

John Langton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So what other players are you referring to and are they in the same budget bracket?

John

8. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Arcam 79 would be my first choice, Pioneer 868 pretty fine as well and Panny 97 are all very good players (the latter is £170 and better piccy in my book). There are others as well depending on what you want from a player. The 3805 is a very decent receiver though but so is the Arcam and Pioneer equiavlents. Give the choice I would go Arcam combo, Pioneer combo then Denon last (too many issues for me) or put another DVD player with the 3805.

9. chuhonin

chuhonin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello ,
    I want to upgrade the Denon link 3.

10. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    I must admit that I've been interested in a 3910 myself. I use HTPC for dvd primararily but I also have a 1910, with the latter having less than great picture quality. The HTPC is a bit of a pain sometimes and I would like a good stand-alone, but with BlueRay and/or HD DDVD just round the corner I personally don't see the point in spending several hundred pounds on a dvd player at the moment.

11. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,736
    'but with BlueRay and/or HD DDVD just round the corner I personally don't see the point in spending several hundred pounds on a dvd player at the moment.'

Couldn't agree more. Something like the Oppo will do very nicely until the new formats arrive. Why spend £800 on the 3910 when you could have the Oppo and an Xbox 360 and £300 change!

12. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    I hope Blue Ray, HD DVD are just around the corner but I fear it still may be longer than you think. The idea of an Oppo or Panny 97 is good one however.

13. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    Nic is right as regards the S97, it has a better pic than the the 3910. Got mine for £149 and its pic for price ratio is flat out brilliant, but
    It does not sound anywhere near as good as the 3910, so if you want audio performance and SACD, then perhaps the 3910 is a better option. 868i is about on par with both these units as well but i think it does give a slightly sharper pic and is scaler friendly via HDMI.
    Personaly i would wait for the 989 which will be out in a couple of weeks and is supposed to finaly end pioneers run of CUE error units and again would be pefect to connect to all the soon to be released HDMI based scalers/ deinterlacers (or current lumagens over DVI).