Denon 3910

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Cwhelan, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Cwhelan

Cwhelan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Has anyone reviewed the Denon 3910? if so what was the feedback like? I am trying to pair it up with my 3805 av receiver. :lease:

Cheers,

CW.

2. novice2

novice2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just brought the 3910 (£750). Top bannana. Pictures are superb and Cd playback is equally as good. I am currently in the market for a 3805 as I hear they compliment each exceptially well. I road tested it against the DV79 and while I thought the arcam was slighltly better with music reproduction, I thought the Denon was slightly crisper on mvie playback. As always with these things, you need to go and see for yourself.

3. MPK

MPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I got one a few weeks ago and have had no reason to complain. Stunning picture and I'm still in the process of deciding whether it is better, the same or slightly worse than my Arcam CD player for music.

Never really seen a negative review either:
    http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=5316
    http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=5140
    http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/avhardware/DenonDVD3910Review1.php

You can't go wrong with the 3910, especially when pairing it with a Denon amp. Also, its price is reasonable considering that Blu-Ray/HD is around the corner and you might want to upgrade in a few years time.

Novice2: you might want to wait a bit and have a look at the 4806, very nice...

4. Cwhelan

Cwhelan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the links + info

Novice 2 - The 3805 is cool an absolute awesome Amp I previously had an HK linked with a HK Dolby decoder & it wins hands down.

I also agree the CD quality is very good indeed especially with the Direct mode.

I am having a few challenges getting Zone 2 working however!! I have setup two speakers in the Dining room & had it working with the HK but not yet got it working with the Denon!! :mad: causing me grief at the moment!

Looks like the 3910 is a winner! - Question to you both Obviously it's HDMI to the Media box on the Plasma but would you suggest Denon Link or Coax to the Amp??

Cheers,
    Conor.

5. MPK

MPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Denon Link to the amp is best and easiest between two Denons. And with the 3910 you'll also get a 1394 cable to be able to play SACD.

6. Cwhelan

Cwhelan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Guys, just ordered the 3910!! & convinced the missus that we also need a new Sub!! PV1.

That's the lot for this month!!