1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3910 - where to buy?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by inkinoo, Nov 10, 2004.

1. inkinoo

inkinoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    Saw a demo of Denon 3910 and Arcam DV79 and have decided to go for the Denon (it looked better when running on my projector).

Now the shop I went to whilst helpful had one of the rudest member of staff I've ever come across so I would like to get the Denon from elsewhere.

Any recommendations? I'm based in West London.

Cheers,

Gerard

2. j0nners

j0nners

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A lot of people on this site recommend AV-Sales.
    Alternatively if you want somewhere in or near London, the staff at Sevenoaks in Holburn were very helpful last time i visited them for a demo.

jon

3. rcwtom

rcwtom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got mine from these guys
    Creative Audio 01743241924, Very helpful and friendly service, they are not in London, but they sent it to me overnight for free. Think they were cheapest I managed to find.

4. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
  5. juniper

juniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Would second rcwtom's recommendation. Have used them on many an occasion - they are in Shrewsbury but do online sales very happily. They are very responsive, and their prices are good. I bought my 3910 from them and it is stunning. Very happy. And no I'm not on commission from them - wish I was ;)

6. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also a happy 3910 owner, incredible piece of equipment, they quality is like it was in the good old days.

7. tiger would

tiger would

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i`m thinking of buying 3910 +3805 for my first proper home cinema kit with some mission elegante speakers saw them all at an exhib in manchester recently is this a good setup or can anybody suggest better for arround 4k :lease:

8. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Can't speak for the Mission speakers but the 3805/3910 combo sounds very good to me with my Kef set-up and looks great on my PJ...overall I'm very happy with 'em and they look so smart in black.

The only thing I don't like is the gimmicky remote that comes with the 3805...looks cool but is crap to use...some people love it but I hate it...thankfully I don't have to use it thanks to my programmable remote.

Cheers, Lee

9. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I don't know how close in SW London you are to Surrey, but you could try Sevenoakes Sound And Vision in Weybridge. Im sure they could sort out a demo for you.

-Ian

10. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77

Sorry to hear that, you must have been in "PHASE 3" in Worthing, West Sussex :laugh:

CH

11. inkinoo

inkinoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    Nope but do tell your horror story.

G

12. tiger would

tiger would

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi loonatic which kefs have u got, at the show denon suggested the 2005 eggs but when i went to practical hi fi they said i should be putting better speakers with the 3805 & 3910, the mission`s are 3 times the price of the eggs look a lot better and sound better and so they should` had it confirmed at sevenoaks just in case i was being turned over and the money shaken out of my pockets .Given up at practical hi fi not very friendly and it was them who sponsored the exhib in manchester what a waste cheers allan

13. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    AVLAND £799 MR and if you ring Kingsley that price will probaly include Del. Great after sales backup as well.

14. rcwtom

rcwtom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tiger Would, if you want a good Cinema surround system you should look into the Blue Sky speakers or Genelic, I think you can get a set for around £1000-£1500, 3805 + 3910 would cost around £1600.

15. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi Alan,

Well I have a mixture of Kef's...I have three 9000ACE's up front and two 5005's for the rears due to lack of space along with a Rel Strata 5 for bass duties.

I am no longer a fan of small sat/sub combinations as I always find them lacking when listening to stereo stuff...and I;m not a fan of PLII or other fake surround options...movies generally sound okay though so it depends on what you are looking for at the end of the day.

The Kef 9000's are stunning and never fail to impress...but then each one is about the same price as a set of 2005 eggs :eek:

The 2005 eggs would work great with the 3805 but it could easily drive much meatier speakers with great results...if you like Kef why not take a look at the 5005 set-up.

Cheers, Lee

16. juniper

juniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Tiger Would - have a look in the Classifieds - Smurfin is selling his Blueskies - they are a whole lot of speaker for the money (which falls in between what you're being quoted for Eggs and Missions - I'm guessing Elegante?) - just a thought. If I needed some speakers I'd buy them like a shot. Just my tuppence worth, that's all. :)

17. tiger would

tiger would

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks lee u have just hit the nail on the head i`m torn between a good cd player like a cyrus cd8x etc or music fidelity. the 3805 +3910 :smashin: are killing to birds as they say,whats the cd replay like on the denon set up

18. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,744
    According to info on AVS, the Denon 3805's output with all channels driven is a measly 39 watts p/channel :eek: So not good at driving difficult loads (Denons power supplies have always been weak on their 38-- series receivers).

Sorry to go OT, I realise this is the DVD forum:D

19. JetJockey

JetJockey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey loonatic.

I see you use a scaler. How does the output from the 3910 compare using it's own built in scaler?

Cheers, Gerald.