1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon 3910 problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rick79, Aug 14, 2005.

1. rick79

rick79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the following question: why would the lit up area that displays time elapsed on cds or dvds suddenly go blank (as well as all other lights and displays on the front of the unit). also, my unit will only play the audio on dvds but no video. is this a repair problem (this 3910 is only 6 mos. old) or am i not setting something properly? when the player is first turned on the "3910" lights up briefly, and then darkness. i can adjust the settings so that "progressive", or "1080", "memory", etc. light up briefly, but then all becomes dark once again. anyone have a similar problem? thanks. incidentally, this unit worked fine until a few days ago, (and someone else in the house may have been playing with the buttons.

2. kit1cat

kit1cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    On my 2900 you can turn the display off in "Pure Direct" mode, you might have the same setting on the 3910.

Barry

3. ozdvduser

ozdvduser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    At The Track or Melbourne Victoria Australia
    Ratings:
    +3
    The 3910 has the Pure Direct mode that can be set to do the following:
    [1] Switch off digital audio [2] Switch off digital video [3] Switch off both [4] Normal mode

I would say someone has hit the button, either on the remote or the unit, that has set the Pure Direct mode to other than Normal.

4. MPK

MPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    There is also a setting in the menu (last tab I think) where you can choose whether the 3910 plays Audio or Video on a DVD, make sure that's set to Video.

5. ozdvduser

ozdvduser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    At The Track or Melbourne Victoria Australia
    Ratings:
    +3
    That setting is for DVD-A disks - whether you want the Audio or Video to play - leave the setting at the factory default of Audio, so that if you put a DVD-A disk in it will play the audio portion without having to switch on your display device.

6. rick79

rick79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem Solved! Thanks To All. Rick