• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon 3910 Over Heating Prob

M

Marcd51

Hi Their, I have a Denon 3910 that I think may be suffering over heating problems.

I also have a Denon 3805 as well. I do not have the system placed on a rack at the moment but I am saving for one.

I do have ClearLight audio RDC1 feet to serrate all the equipment at the moment...

I have the 3805 at the bottom and the 3910 on top and then my Arcam CD93T after that, I do leave the amp on all the time but I do not leave the 3910 on at all only in standby.
The problem that I have is which has become more of an issue lately and it may be also that we are having a great summer at the moment and my bedroom gets hot but I do make sure that the curtains are closed all day so the sun does not shine on the equipment but the amp seem fine on all this .

As an example I played a SACD last night and switched on the 3910 from cold and left it for 45mins to warm up before use then I played the SACD and played perfectly ... then I wanted to play another one and the player did not want no know the display kept saying 0000 all the time, I switched of the player for a min or so and tried again but the same thing keeps on happening ... I put in a normal film DVD and it plays ok. So I switched of the unit for 10min...

Came back later switch the unit back on again tried a SACD and works perfectly...

The bottom of the DVD player does feel quite hot after play.. Are these unit sensitive to heat after a while is it the heat from the amp that is casing the DVD player getting to hot???

Does any one out there have any ideas on this matter ... Normally the units works fine but this is a little silly I really want to sort this out asap as I do not want to damage the equipment and this player cost me a lot of money .

Any help would be fully appreciated :confused:

Jase

Distinguished Member
Personally I wouldn't stack any bit of equipment on top of another. Denon Amps generate a fair bit of heat and benefit from plenty of ventilation and their players can also get quite hot. Obviously with the weather being warmer you're going to encounter this sort of problem moreso than you would at other times of the year.

If you have to leave them stacked and have no other option, I wouldn't leaving anything on 24/7 and would try to ventilate it more if possible (maybe with a small fan).

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
the 3910 itself isnt exactly a cool running beast.....so to put it on top of a amp that can get rather toasty as well, in the middle of summer, is not the best idea...lol

my advice would be if anything to put the amp at the top of the pile and the two disc spinners further down........altho it would still be useful to give a good 5-6cm of gap above the 3910.....

Cable Monkey

Always run with the amp on top. Heat rises and regardless of how hot or cool the 3910 is, it is also having to deal with what the amp produces. I killed a Sony doing the same (plastic lasers will fail if overheated continuously).

Peter Litler

Novice Member
Marcd51 said:
As an example I played a SACD last night and switched on the 3910 from cold and left it for 45mins to warm up before use then I played the SACD and played perfectly ... then I wanted to play another one and the player did not want no know the display kept saying 0000 all the time, I switched of the player for a min or so and tried again but the same thing keeps on happening ... I put in a normal film DVD and it plays ok. So I switched of the unit for 10min...

Came back later switch the unit back on again tried a SACD and works perfectly...

The bottom of the DVD player does feel quite hot after play.. Are these unit sensitive to heat after a while is it the heat from the amp that is casing the DVD player getting to hot???

Does any one out there have any ideas on this matter ... Normally the units works fine but this is a little silly I really want to sort this out asap as I do not want to damage the equipment and this player cost me a lot of money .

Any help would be fully appreciated :confused:
This occured on my 3910 recently, shortly after I had installed the latest software version, so I suspect it may be caused by a software bug. It's advisable to try and keep the player well ventilated though to prevent hardware problems.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom