Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Denon 3910 or Denon 2910

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by shandyswiller, Feb 9, 2005.

1. shandyswiller

shandyswiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking at purchasing one or other of the 3910 or 2910 and am been advised that the extra £300 for the Denon 3910 is worth it because of the Denon Link facility. Is that so?? Will be mated to a denon 3805 amp and pioneer PDP435XDE plasma.

Thanks

Shandyswiller

2. JamesL

JamesL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hope shandyswiller doesn't mind me asking some supplementary questions but it seems silly to have two threads, and I too am debating between the 2910 and 3910. What does Denon Link offer? I assume digital audio for DVD-Audio and SACD to a Denon Amp/Receiver. Does it offer any thing else?

What are the internals like between the 2910 and 3910? The latter uses a Faroudja Decoding Engine; does the 2910 use this also? Going further what is the general build quality like between the two models? What is video performance like between the two?

I am looking to pair either device with a Panasonic PW7 plasma, either by HDMI, DVI-HDCP or component (if the first two turn out to be rubbish!). Anyone got this combination?