Denon 3910 or Denon 2910

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by shandyswiller, Feb 9, 2005.

1. shandyswiller

shandyswiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looking at purchasing one or other of the 3910 or 2910 and am been advised that the extra £300 for the Denon 3910 is worth it because of the Denon Link facility. Is that so?? Will be mated to a denon 3805 amp and pioneer PDP435XDE plasma.

Thanks

Shandyswiller

2. JamesL

JamesL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hope shandyswiller doesn't mind me asking some supplementary questions but it seems silly to have two threads, and I too am debating between the 2910 and 3910. What does Denon Link offer? I assume digital audio for DVD-Audio and SACD to a Denon Amp/Receiver. Does it offer any thing else?

What are the internals like between the 2910 and 3910? The latter uses a Faroudja Decoding Engine; does the 2910 use this also? Going further what is the general build quality like between the two models? What is video performance like between the two?

I am looking to pair either device with a Panasonic PW7 plasma, either by HDMI, DVI-HDCP or component (if the first two turn out to be rubbish!). Anyone got this combination?