1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon 3910/infocus 7205

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by chrislewis, Feb 12, 2005.

1. chrislewis

chrislewis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi can anyone tell me what im doing wrong i have a 3910 running to infocus 7205 using a hdmi to dvi lead when playing in normal 480/576 no problems but if i switch to 720 i get red pixels all over screen and if i jump to 1080 it gets alot worse i have it set to hdmi component any ideas

cheers
    chris

2. chrislewis

chrislewis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
  3. yanbox

yanbox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello,

I have the same problem with 2910 and 7200.

I solved the problem on the basis of the 2910 with the cable DVI to HDMI and adapter HDMI DVI of infocus.

that functions with all the modes.

therefore, the only solution is to change cable.

Excuse me for my English because I speak only French.

4. chrislewis

chrislewis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi thanks for reply so if i get dvi to dvi lead and then use my m1 to dvi adaptor you think it will solve problem and did you see great benefits after you changed
    thanks
    chris

5. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Try connecting the components up ( DVD player and Projector) before turning on the power to both. Ensure the computer source is activated on the projector.
    Also check you have the very latest firmware downloaded onto your projector. You can do this by looking in the 'about' section on the projector and then checking the firmware version against the latest available on www.infocus.com
    Infocus are constantly upgrading the firmware to improve HDTV signal scaling.
    1080i ( interlaced) will rely on the projector's Faroudja de-interlacer to do the video processing, 720p ( progressive) will rely on the Denon to do it but I think the Denon has exactly the same Faroudja inside so there shouldn't be much difference with that side of things. Also try disabling the sources you do not use in the menu.
    There are DVI-D cables and DVI-I cables, check that you are using the correct one. But to help you try to identify the type, first locate the flat horizontal 'blade looking' pin to one side of the connector. This can help tell you if you are dealing with digital or analog. A flat pin with four surrounding pins is either DVI-I or DVI-A, while a flat pin alone denotes DVI-D.
    Make sure the video standard is set to auto which allows the projector to automatically lock onto the incoming signal. HDTV is neither NTSC nor PAL so if one of these is selected, this could be a cause. Then you have adjustments for sync threshold , phase and tracking. Try these as a last resort.

6. chrislewis

chrislewis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Im sure i must have something wrong im just not impressed with my picture a was using a ls110 through component before and to be honest i expected alot more out of the 7205 using hdmi or dvi-d the picture certainly looks better when in 1080 mode apart from the red pixel problem is there anyone who could advise me on my set up between my denon 3910 and 7205 .Im going to try a different cable tommorow if creative audio will lend me one they do a 10m dvi-d to m1 cable
    thanks for all the advice so far
    cheers
    chris

7. chrislewis

chrislewis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    :thumbsdow aahhh tried new cble and connector still getting the bloody red pixels all over screen when set to 720 and worse still at 1080
    can anyone help

cheers

8. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    What length of dvi/hdmi cable are you trying?

Over 7.5m can sometimes cause problems.

Ian Guinan

9. chrislewis

chrislewis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    im using a 10m supra cable, ive got no way of using a shorter run
    chris