Denon 3910...HDMI or DVI

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Bruce1310, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Bruce1310

Bruce1310
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

If using a Denon 3910 with a display with DVI....would you be better off using the HDMI out of the 3910 into DVI of disply...or....DVI out of 3910 into DVI of display??

Connected to this question...does the 3910 output differently to it's HDMI and DVI outputs??

Sorry if the questions are a bit clumsy! Any comments would be appreciated.

2. Bruce1310

Bruce1310
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The reason I ask is...I have the 3910 and am about to get a DLP rptv but can't deside on whether the Tosh 46WM48 (have ordered and cancelled this machine once!!) or the new Sagem HD-45 out next month.

The Tosh has the HDMI and the Sagem has DVI and I don't think it's as simple as saying the two inputs are compatible? Or am I wrong?

3. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    I have a feeling it doesnt matter. I too have a 3910 and i use a DVi/DVi cable straight to my plasma. Quality is amazing.

Since HDMi and DVi are interconective I dont think it really matters at this point. They are both equally impressive. You can get DVi-HDMi cables so this is why I dont think its matters.