1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3910 God knows when or Acram 79 tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jimcarney, Jan 13, 2005.

1. jimcarney

jimcarney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I ordered the Denon from my local shop before the beginning of Dec ,(We do not have a Denon dealer in N.Ireland anymore)I phoned today & the said they do not have any at the main supplier ,I could have the Acram tomorrow ,all I want is a Region 2 player with the best Picture & sound for the money it will only be used for DVDs,as we have a decent HI-FI in another part of the house ! any thoughts would be appreciated .......Jim :censored:

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +607
    I think the Arcam, wasn't impressed by the 3910 at all, sounded really, really flat to me compared with the Arcam DV89 with films and didn't even compare with music, although that doesnt bother you.
    If it is just for DVD I would still say Arcam, and would rather have a pioneer than denon.

Shame you can't demo them :(

Edit: Just thought, how are you going to be hooking them up as I am giving my view based on component outs, not hdmi

3. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you put the DV79 in PS mode ? in fact it looks great and can easily be 'cracked' to accept all regions

4. jimcarney

jimcarney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well picked up the Acram today cant set it up yet the missus is watching Frost,
    gizalroc, I will be using component until I get a new PJ ,using Philips Astaire Deluxe at the moment!........Jim