Denon 3910 digital audio set-up - help!

Tony B

Established Member
Reaction score
OK - I give up. I have read the manual (wow that was really useful...) and tried all the combinations of settings that I can think of, but I still cannot output digital audio via Denon Link.

The options in the DVD set-up menu are greyed out.

Why?

BTW have connected the Denon link socket to my 3805 AV/Receiver's corresponding socket, before anyone suggests that. I have set the digital input to Denon Link, so that half of the equation is sorted.

I think....

Help!

maybe a silly question but are they the same version of Denon Link? I cant connect to my AVCA1SE cos my 3910 has S.E (2nd Ed) Denon Link and amp doesn't :(

Tony B said:
OK - I give up. I have read the manual (wow that was really useful...) and tried all the combinations of settings that I can think of, but I still cannot output digital audio via Denon Link.

The options in the DVD set-up menu are greyed out.

Why?

BTW have connected the Denon link socket to my 3805 AV/Receiver's corresponding socket, before anyone suggests that. I have set the digital input to Denon Link, so that half of the equation is sorted.

I think....

Help!

Have you got a disc in the player when you are trying to change menu settings to Denon Link ?

It won't let you change between copy protected settings like denon Link or firewire with disc in tray.

vonhosen said:
Have you got a disc in the player when you are trying to change menu settings to Denon Link ?

It won't let you change between copy protected settings like denon Link or firewire with disc in tray.

100% correct - ejecting the disc enables the Denon Link settings in the menu.

Is that in the manual? I must have missed it in the microdot print somewhere.

Many thanks!

Now - why has the 3805 got no IEEE1394 socket?

Tony B said:
Now - why has the 3805 got no IEEE1394 socket?

To encourage you to spend more money on an amp higher up the range.

vonhosen said:
To encourage you to spend more money on an amp higher up the range.

I thought it was at the top of that range, and matched to the 3910 DVD, which does have IEEE1394.

Question is, can I connect my iPod, via IEEE1394, to my DVD, and then to the 3805 amp?

Or, I suppose, my laptop to the DVD, to get Internet radio playing via the amp?

Thats all I want that connectivity for, really.

TIA

Tony B

Tony B said:
I thought it was at the top of that range, and matched to the 3910 DVD, which does have IEEE1394.

Question is, can I connect my iPod, via IEEE1394, to my DVD, and then to the 3805 amp?

Or, I suppose, my laptop to the DVD, to get Internet radio playing via the amp?

The 3910 came out after the 3805, hence the lack of firewire on the amp. The replacement model should have it, as and when it appears. Currently, the only Denon amps with Firewire are the new Flagship 5805 (A1XV) and the soon to be released 4806.

As far as I'm aware the Firewire connections on the 3910 are for output only.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom