Denon 3910 better than Pioneer 969?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Murray, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Murray

Murray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Is the new Denon 3910 player better than the Pioneer 969 player?
    If so why?
    How old is the Denon and how old is the Pioneer model?

Does anyone know much about the new Denon player out next year that is ment to be the new dream machine? It converts older DVD's into high definition 720p and 1080i images so I believe. Sounds fantastic if it works!
    We have all the best sound in the world but Im still not happy with the projected image to date! :boring:

2. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Both players can do what you mentioned. They convert DVD picture through DVi or HDMI to 720P and 1080i.

Ive got the 3910 and its a very good player with amazing picture quality and also very good sound quality. I was surprised how much better the sound got after changing DVD players. I didnt expect that since my previous player was quite good to begin with.

There is another new Denon (5910) coming next year and it should be even better than the 3910. But im happy with my 3910 and the next player I buy will be a Blu Ray or HD DVD player.

The pioneer is also good as far as I know. I havent used one but It has roughly the same specs as the Denon 3910 so it should also have a good picture and sound. The Pioneer has HDMI but no DVi. It doesnt really matter coz you can buy HDMi-DVi cables anyway.

They are expensive players but you cant go wrong with either one!

PS. The Denon 3910 came out this year and the pioneer maybe last year? or early this year.