1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 3910+3805 Switching Question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Murray, Jan 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Murray

Murray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have my Denon player 3910 component fed into the Denon 3805 amp and then out to my Panasonic 70 projector. The DVI is direct from the player to the projector as the 3805 doesnt support the DVI. Question is when you have the player setting on DVI the projector plays the signal on 720p DVI yet only 625i on component. To get the component to play 625p you have to go back into the remote and turn off the DVI, why I wonder would Denon choose to do such a crazy thing? It just doesnt make any sence to me and only adds more confusion for switching and remote playing for other members of the family who cant cope with the remote stuff. No matter how wonderful some of this gear maybe some of the basic funtions they seem to forget to include,,,,,or am I doing something wrong? :oops:

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    The player can't de-interlace the signal for the Component output and de-interlace/scale the signal for the DVI output at the same time. It has to do one or the other. The new DVD5910/DVDA1XV offers this feature for NTSC (and PAL hopefully!). It can scale the DVI/HDMI output whilst retaining Progressive Output (480P) on the Component Outputs. You need pretty potent processing to be able to achieve this.