Denon 3808 receiver - how do I equalize the volume for different sources?

Bruce Morrison

I've just bought the 3808 and set it all up yesterday. No major problems but I've noticed that, on a given master volume setting, the volume for TV broadcasts is much higher than for all my other sources (DVD, LD, etc.), and I had to grab the remote quickly to turn it down when I first tried the TV input!

I suspect there must be a setting somewhere I can use to equalise the volume across all the sources, but I don't think I've spotted the relevant bit in the manual yet. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

JorgeA

Standard Member
If you go through the GUI with your RC select Sources then select the one you want to and then inpt or level input... something like that....

kwijibo

Standard Member
I'm having the same problem with a 4308. I am only running digital sound and SkyHD is much lower than other sources - and Xbox is really loud! I can't find it in any menu either....

armchair bri

Novice Member
I'm having the same problem with a 4308. I am only running digital sound and SkyHD is much lower than other sources - and Xbox is really loud! I can't find it in any menu either....
The settings for source level can be found on page 40 of your instruction book look under 7 (other settings). Page 39 shows you the GUI menu tree layout look under cd/dvd/ tv etc. Page 41 tells you how to assign HDMI/ optical to the selected source,so have a play about can't help any more, Brian.

BruceA

Novice Member
Read the manual ?

Page 38

You are looking for source (src) level (analogue or digital as the case may be) under the various inputs listed under source select. Set your volume control to a common level e.g. -25dB the use the - 12 to +12 db adjustments here to get the level 'right' (or use SPL meter in case of obsessive attention to detail). You may have to fiddle around with the offsets on different inputs if one needs - 12 and the other +12 etc

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom