Denon 3808 bi amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by adywood, Aug 6, 2018.

1. adywood

adywood
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All
    Can any one tell me how to Bi amp my 3808 Denon amp with rear surrounds i don't have a manual as i bought the amp secondhand problem i'm having is i connect the lower mains to the speaker outputs which work fine i then connect the hf side to the surround outputs and have no sound i then connect my rear surround speakers to the other set of surround outputs and have no sound coming from my rears.if i wire the speaker's up as in a/b on the mains and use the link wires on the mains the hf and lower speakers work fine and then use one set of surround out on the rear surrounds and put the amp on 5.1 it then works as it should.I didn't get the auto mike with the amp would getting one help and i guess getting a manual would defo help as i'm a bit in the dark as to what the buttons do on the remote i cant seem to find a manual online that's much help or you tube vids any help would be grate.Thanks in advance Ady

2. gibbsy

gibbsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,404
    Don't waste wire. No point in bi-amping from a receiver as you will just reduce power overall and will bring little, if any, audio improvement.

3. JulianDS

JulianDS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Menu - manual set up - amp assign
    Should be fairly obvious from there - 2nd surround channel is then the bi-amp

4. ChuckMountain

ChuckMountain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    You can download the manual from denon

5. adywood

adywood
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh ok just i did have a pioneer lx 58 until it started to flash the dyeing 22 in the display that had A/B speaker outputs so i just used the B side to run the H/F on the speakers which was easy compared to the Denon and yep i haven't noticed any Audio changes in just running link wires on the speakers so ill leave it as is then they say if it ain't broke don't fix it lol