Denon 3806 in stock?

Tony8377

Established Member
Reaction score
Is this actually out now? I note that AV Land and AV Sales both have it on their website (without the coming soon icon also). Unfortunately neither will let you buy it. Now, is this because it isn't in stock yet or because Denon won't allow you to buy it over the internet. If it is out does anyone know the cheapest place to buy it from, is anyone doing it over the web or anyone know a cheap place in Essex?

probably not allowed to buy it over the net.....i think its at that point denon restrict it anyway....cheaper stuff they dont mind from what i remember, or am i remembering wrongly? i dunno, im hungover...lol

Denon are just starting to enforce a ban on internet sales of their 'mid tier' equipment. In theory the 3806 will never be available via the internet.

Hi,

I phoned AVLand earlier today and the 3806 is currently not in stock and won't be for another 2 or 3 weeks i was told.

Also, you can order from them and get it delivered by them as they have their own delivery service and if not they said they would send it by courier at no extra charge (free delivery!!) and i live 200 miles away from them... not bad, eh?

Hope this helps! :)

Regards,

Tony

What you described is a telephone sale, not an internet sale. The dealers are already finding ways around the obstacles. ;)

I've sent a few emails to a number of internet retailers and they seem to be happy to ship them via a phone order, they just wont let you buy them from their website so that it's a lot harder for Denon to find out. One retailer quoted 2 weeks and £1400 for the 3806 :eek: - I hope not otherwise I'll be buying the 3805. I guess he meant the model up.

My local dealer phoned Denon sales today, and got the following:

Will be released last week in November, therefore will be in shops first week in December. Denon also said there is 673 on back order for UK dealers!!!!!

Thank goodness he has reserved 3 of them (and one with my name on it!! - unless the Yamaha 2600 arrives first :devil: )

Spoke to my local HiFi delaer and he said this was going to be stock on Thursday. Can't wait :rotfl:

Sevenoaks website have the 3806 listed at £1,000.......whether or not they have stock yet is another matter...lol
annoyingly they also have the 3805 listed at £1,000 as well, which doesnt make sense as they had that listed for £850 for ages with £50 off in the summer sale.....

im hoping my local branch will make good with their 3805 demo model and do it to me for dirt cheap....lol....im mostly interested in getting Denonlink over anything else...

the 3806 isnt listed on Denons UK website yet, usually they put on there around the same time its released for sale officially....but not wholly accurate...lol

My local Sevenoaks is expecting me to come in on Thursday/Friday to pick mine up. As for Demon’s website, the website is maintained by there German outfit and they are renowned for getting material out late. Even there own staff at Denon UK moan about it.

i was told the 3806 will hit shops Fri 4 nov....Malice ..where you get your £640 deal from?

Just got baclk from the Manchester HiFi show, Denon say that the 3806's are shipping this week, although they said I'd be better off waiting for the next model up (could that be because its another £500?) which does upcoversion to 720p/1080i on ALL sources.

Think a 3806 my be finding itself my way in the new year when the prices drop.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom