• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon 3806 - HDCP problems

hargao

Standard Member
Hi all,

I have a very strange problem. Recently had my Denon 3806 do some very weird things.

I currently have an HDMI switch box connected to it with the following components:

Denon 1920 DVD player
XBOX 360
PlayStation 3

This is all going through HDMI 1. It was all working fine, but then all of a sudden nothing would output properly with the exception of the XBOX 360.

I then tried to directly connect the DVD player to the receiver and still nothing. tried the different components again and only the XBOX 360 would work.

So I thought ok, strange I'll just use the XBOX as the DVD player for now until I can find a solution. But then all of a sudden the XBOX spits out a message saying:

"Secure HDCP Connection Lost"

This was eliminated when I plugged the XBOX straight into the projector, which is why I've eliminated that as being the cause of the problem. Both the DVD player and PS3 also worked when directly connected to the projector and also via the HDMI switch box externally.

So my question... is there a way to reset the HDCP settings on the 3806? I've also tried a factory reset by pressing "pure direct + dimmer" and still to no avail.

Anyone have this strange thing happen to them any help is appreicated.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom